• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera on moving Cockrell to free safety

Jeremy Igo

6 hours ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

I agree, but you can't just flat out ignore the position or make stupid moves with it... especially when your defenses biggest glaring hole over the past few years has been getting beat deep.

Oh yeah, I agree. It just seems that we've had more than one hole most off seasons to fill. Of all the cans to kick down the road, the free safety one is probably the best. You'd think that somehow we would have just stumbled across a fair to middling one among UDFAs and nobodies, though...

Was it a market reset or just an anomaly? The teams that didn't franchise or sign long term had no problem letting the players go and the teams that signed them where the usual suspects in bad decisions. Washington and Jets stand out to me. What notable players would come due next year to keep this trend going? It will be interesting to watch it develop though I don't see us in this conversation at any point in the near future.

11 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Was it a market reset or just an anomaly? The teams that didn't franchise or sign long term had no problem letting the players go and the teams that signed them where the usual suspects in bad decisions. Washington and Jets stand out to me. What notable players would come due next year to keep this trend going? It will be interesting to watch it develop though I don't see us in this conversation at any point in the near future.

Time will tell, but we aren't paying a FS poo no matter what.

Archived