• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cockrell the Free Safety

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Agree...Hurney is being hardheaded on this one.

I'm not sure its Hurney.  He had no problem bringing Searcy and Cockrell in last year, and injuries just derailed it.  We've let Searcy go, I'll bet money Hurney is looking.  There's time...we'll see.  He might be waiting to see who all gets injured in camp, we get a lot of those unfortunately.

12 minutes ago, Manther said:

I'm not sure its Hurney.  He had no problem bringing Searcy and Cockrell in last year, and injuries just derailed it.  We've let Searcy go, I'll bet money Hurney is looking.  There's time...we'll see.  He might be waiting to see who all gets injured in camp, we get a lot of those unfortunately.

Good point

48 minutes ago, Manther said:

I think the Gaulden evals have extended way beyond opening day.

Opening days of camp.  Projecting starters and careers at this point only serves to fan the typical mindless debates.

There must be some intelligent analysis somewhere?

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep, we did it with Norman. He tested out as a subpar athlete but he obviously had a drive and the instincts and ball skills to more than make up for it. We also drafted him in the 5th round. That's more in line with where you want to take a shot on guys like that.

Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor measured as subpar athletes and the Seahawks took both in the 5th. Brandon Browner was a UDFA. The Seahawks aren't risking high picks on these types of guys like we do. I'm sure they've missed on some but no one really remembers because they weren't overdrafted.

Also, no position swap requested, if you're gonna take a questionable player, at the very least keep him at the position he played. Unless there is a clear lateral move (ie: Tackle to Guard)

3 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

Team drills. Ross Cockrell at first team safety with Reid; Cole Luke at nickel.

things are not boding well for Gaulden at any position.

Gaulden isn't even playing the nickel position like Rivera wanted him to this offseason. May Gaulden be the surprise vet cut? Everyone knew it was a bad pick the moment it happened. Why didn't our coaches?

Archived