• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Newton, Allen, Grier

Jeremy Igo

10 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

98.3% sure that is the QB squad this season, as it should be. Cam and two young guys with big up sides.

I view this the same way, Jeremy. I like #6, but Allen’s always been my guy at backup. 

The performance in New Orleans last year was no small deal for Allen. He looked the part largely against their first-team defense. 

5 minutes ago, ellis said:

I view this the same way, Jeremy. I like #6, but Allen’s always been my guy at backup. 

The performance in New Orleans last year was no small deal for Allen. He looked the part largely against their first-team defense. 

Yep, he leads receivers.  Heineke runs backwards. 

I think Allen has more upside than a Matt Moore or Colt McCoy IMHO. 

As for our new guy, Grier's ceiling is a legit starter.   

I never understood why we ever had Heinicke above Allen. I think his mobility gave him the edge in the eyes of the staff, but it's not like you're going to find someone who can replicate what Cam offers with his legs. Allen always looked like clearly the better QB of the two IMO.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I never understood why we ever had Heinicke above Allen. I think his mobility gave him the edge in the eyes of the staff, but it's not like you're going to find someone who can replicate what Cam offers with his legs. Allen always looked like clearly the better QB of the two IMO.

Heinicke was more familiar with Turner's system, having played for him in 2015 and 2016 until Turner left.  Not saying it's a great reason, but I'm pretty sure that is why Heinicke was slotted above him.  Plus Kyle Allen was an UDFA rookie, so I understand why they would be hesitant to put him in first.

Be careful with Allen guys. He has clear talent - he was the Number 1 player in the country in high school - but he’s shown to be prone to starting off hot somewhere and then falling on his face. Happened at A&M and Houston. Of course i want him to do well, i just think basing your opinions of him off one game against a team going through the motions is premature

-someone who lived in AZ and followed his career after high school

Archived