• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns v Little... Mixed emotions.

Jeremy Igo

On 7/27/2019 at 11:05 AM, Krovvy said:

Holy poo, people here need to chill. It's not even preseason and people are talking about this kid like he's a bust. Hell, he might bust, but you won't know it anytime soon. Especially from watching drill clips.

Thank you for level headed posts.  One play, four seconds and kid is done.  I expected way more good rep posts.  Or perhaps, I heard Little is doing well in team drills and it is kind of hard on the o-lineman in those one on one drills as a rookie.  

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

It is, but he’s got to develop. That was a lot of capital spent on a guy who had dropped on almost every draft board except ours. If Williams plays LT well enough, we could have had Adderley and Deiter/Davis or almost any other combo of LG/S we wanted. One bad thing about Williams at LT is that LG will again be a hole. Van Roten was terrible. Throw in a stud FS and the Little pick has a lot of consequences. Personally, I still think we could have waited until 47 and still gotten him and still gotten a better FS than what we have or a better LG. I wasn’t a big Little fan at all, but at 47, no problem, worth the risk.

I’m more than willing to let him develop but this is a prime year and pick 37 sure as poo should be contributing. It won’t be fun if we still have big holes at LG and FS.

I get it.  But it's one play.  There is absolutely no way to determine if he's going to perform based on one play.

25 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

I can't find it now that I need it but I swear I saw a tweet that said he's been doing this to everyone.

I hope so.  We need some pressure from that dline and we should get it.  We spend more than ANYONE on dline.

Looking at Igo's post on thoughts on the camp, it looks like Williams has the LT spot (either on merit or RR's pref for vets.)

I would be more worried if it was the other way around.  I am glad our 1st rd pick is looking great and looks ready to contribute on Day 1.

Hopefully Little will continue to improve and as second rounder he isn’t expected to make an immediate impact.

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The one I wanted was still there. Max Scharping. 

While he played both left and right tackle at Northern Illinois, he going to be a RT in the NFL (he doesn't have the feet for LT), and the Panthers were looking for a LT.  So Sharping didn't really fit their needs.  

He'd have been a good pickup as depth, though.

On 7/29/2019 at 11:44 AM, stbugs said:

Seriously? I said that I think Little would have been available to us at 47. I don’t think that’s hard to get. I think we were bidding against ourselves to move up. Bills wanted Ford and said as much and have Dawkins at LT. Seattle’s OL is trash and they passed on him. Atlanta trades up for McGary and Houston took Howard. A lot of people passed on him so it’s not a reach to think he’s there at 47 if we don’t trade up. Heck, he dropped out of a lot of top 50s. Only folks like PFF who rely solely on college rankings had him really high still.

Just to add, altanta traded to the 1st round(31st) for less than panthers did at 37th. 5th year option and all. LA and Carolina have traded in recent years, so its not like one team didnt want to business with the other.  

8 minutes ago, Woodie said:

While he played both left and right tackle at Northern Illinois, he going to be a RT in the NFL (he doesn't have the feet for LT), and the Panthers were looking for a LT.  So Sharping didn't really fit their needs.  

He'd have been a good pickup as depth, though.

Time will tell. Tons of these "he has LT feet" prospects have been busting left and right (quite literally) over the past 20 or so years while tons of good OTs have turned out to be the guys who didn't seem to have elite movement skills.

Archived