• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some Panthers Training Camp nuggets to digest

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, bull123 said:

Tepper and Rivera not going to be as patient w Cam TY as they were LY

I agree, though last year was different since we started strong and Cam looked good for half the season. This year they will want Allen or Grier to be ready to roll if needed. There is too much talent on this roster to keep riding Cam if the shoulder fails again. Of course, our ceiling is much higher with Cam healthy, but its possible we could still make the playoffs with just slightly above average QB play from one of the backups. Heck, even with Cam injured, we were right there in every game except for 1. 

7 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I said the panthers were pushing the story that he is back 100 percent given the amount of media and hype over two throws. 

I never said the coaching staff was rushing him.

I think you just like to argue.

When have they pushed the story that he's 100%? 

They said he's good to go (meaning able to practice), and they talked up his long throws in the first practice to show he's on the right path and as a way to build excitement.  But at no time have I heard them even remotely imply that he's 100% back.  In fact, just the opposite...hence the reason they mentioned the pitch count.  No need to be cautious with someone you think is 100%.

14 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Because he had his shoulder scoped and scar tissue cleaned up. That's how it works. 

Your over blowing a simple surgery. One would expect him to be rusty seeing how he hasn't really practiced pain free in two years. The biggest question is can the line protect Cam. 

1 hour ago, Moo Daeng said:

Did you expect Gaulden to be mastering it in the first days of training camp?

Ever year way too early overreactions. When do fans learn? 

When it comes to the FS position with this team, the only surprise is when we actually field an NFL caliber player there.

I get the feeling that Williams/Little competition will determine whether Williams plays on Little's right side or his left side....Great to hear Reid is taking the leadership role in the defensive backfield--he should...Scarlett is going to be a good backup who should prolong CMC's career by a year or two...(My point here) Vernon Butler may indeed be a bust, but this 3-4 could be something that helps him; we shall see.

I am starting to really like Allen and Grier as backups. To me, the season will be determined by 2 factors:  Cam's shoulder and his offensive  line.  If they are good, we could win everything.

8 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Your qualifications are?

That is a really dumb statement.  Many athletes have shoulder issues and recover fully.

I can say this--my shoulder has had 2 surgeries, and the first ended my career (in college).  It was not done well. Today, however, according to a surgeon I used to play golf with--the guy who did the second surgery so I would improve to his level (never happened)--says that shoulder surgery success is based on the quality of the rehab in most cases.  While no part of the body is ever 100% after surgery of this nature no more than a tire is 100% after a flat is plugged, there should be no noticeable differences in 6 months following surgery.  Of course, the strength is the issue in the case of a QB. 

Cam dropping bombs in practice again today. Maybe Cam is healthy and it isn't hype. Of course the Panthers are usually cautious and won't overload him. I am even more optimistic than before. I didn't expect him to be throwing much in camp. The fact he is accurately dropping 40 yards bombs the first week of camp using his new throwing motion is simply outstanding and surprising. I am suddenly very excited for the season to start.  The offense is going to be electric this year.

Archived