• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Like no other year, Panthers need a fast start.

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Been saying for a long time that the Panthers have ignored huge portions of NC and even SC to some degree.  Tepper has not shown to care

Disagree. They did a community outreach thing this offseason a ton of NC/SC cities. Including all of the Carolinas is a top priority for them 

26 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

Disagree. They did a community outreach thing this offseason a ton of NC/SC cities. Including all of the Carolinas is a top priority for them 

Not sure I have seen a team sponsored activity in Wilmington, or parts of Eastern NC in the last 20 years.

Attendance isn’t the only reason we need a fast start... going by last season the toughest games out of the first 8 are the Rams and Texans. Got the Cards, Jags, 9ers, think we play the Bucs twice. Would be great to be 7-1 or 6-2 going into the second half where we play the Cons and Aints twice, the Hawks, Skins, Titans, Colts 

And we have the 3rd easiest schedule against passing offenses 

55 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

They did that whole thing on the battleship earlier this year. Tepper was scrubbing the deck. 

Link: https://www.panthers.com/news/david-tepper-kicks-off-keep-pounding-day-community-service-initiative

You're going to be playing whack a mole like this all season, refuting steaming hot takes with cold, hard facts. 

50 minutes ago, PanthersBigD said:

You're going to be playing whack a mole like this all season, refuting steaming hot takes with cold, hard facts. 

Ha! Fuzz is my dude so nothing personal, but I think he's wrong about the new ownership not caring about other cities. It's actually what they care about the most. "Two Sates One Team" is around for a reason. 

1 hour ago, RoaringRiot said:

They did that whole thing on the battleship earlier this year. Tepper was scrubbing the deck. 

Link: https://www.panthers.com/news/david-tepper-kicks-off-keep-pounding-day-community-service-initiative

That was the only thing that I could remember...Luke did speak here, as did Ron...and Pep helped with some hurricane relief....

What I'm referring to is bringing some fun to this part of the state...while community service is GREAT, and I'll alway applaud it...that's not really bringing in new fans.

There are TONS of people (kids) who live in the Wilmington, New Bern, Greenville areas that would flock to a training camp practice, or a fan fest type event that will never be able to make it to CLT for a game, much less afford to. 

And I didn't mean to imply that Tep didn't care at all, just that this part of the state has been ignored for a long time...and we wonder why we don't have the fan following down this way.  Panthers need to make it fun and affordable for younger fans to solidify support from all over the state.

I get the sense Tepper cares about galvanizing the Carolinas. It makes good business sense, and I also think he—an extrovert—wants to be an active part of the process.

Jerry gifting camp to our area here in the Upstate was a great gesture, and convenient for us here, but he wasn’t exactly the most forward-thinking marketer over the past decade. 

8 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

I hate to say it but we still have a very high percentage of fair weather fans.

I was telling a Saints 'fan" born and raised in Charleston yesterday how all the non fans would be all over the Panthers after that first Super Bowl win

Archived