• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Like no other year, Panthers need a fast start.

Jeremy Igo

There’s no active, organized efforts to boycott in Spartanburg.

General apathy? Perhaps.

It’s understandable. The team sucked the last half of the year and training camp is moving next year. Middle-of-the-road fans could take a pass on all that. Die hard fans will make the trip every day of the week. 

Not a lot of reasons for casual fans to be excited. The team was the worst team in the NFL the last 8 games. 

The only thing that has me excited is the prospect of Christian McCaffrey, DJ Moore, and Curtis Samuel getting a full season starting with each other. 

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

For sure. But adding no real changes after said dump ain't exactly hyping up this season.

Only way to keep fans is to get multiple winning seasons which Panthers haven't done in 25 years. Hopefully Tepper changes that.

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

We need a hot start because our last 9 games aren’t easy. 7 of the 9 are against teams who’ve been to at least 1 playoff in the last 2 years and the other two are GB and Washington. Those are probably the easiest two games so that should tell you we need to start strong because unless we pull a 2015 out of our hat, we’re going to drop a few games in the last 9. 

3-0 going into Houston would be a lot of fun

1 hour ago, RoaringRiot said:

This has nothing to do with me or our fan foundation, I’m talking specifically about how empty some of the opposing stadiums are and how easily I can grab hundreds of tickets together in the lower level directly from the teams. Most teams aren’t immune to fans being fair weather. It’s why Washington had tarps in the uppers this past season. It’s why a few years ago there were Panthers chants and tons of Panthers jerseys in Philly for our MNF game and the stadium was maybe 70% full. 

Panthers fans have shown up to events recently after losing seasons, so saying they didn’t last night because they’re fair weather isn’t accurate. Hell, Fan Fest this year sold out in like an hour. 

Of course our fan base can be a lot better. But that wasn’t your original statement.

I was pretty surprised at how just many Panther fans were at the Jets game a cpl seasons ago (that didn't travel there with the Riot). It was way more than I would have expected. While talking to a couple of season ticket holders at the game, they told me it was the second most opposing fans he had seen in their stadium that season (Patriots being first). 

Just now, PantherFanInPhilly said:

I was pretty surprised at how just many Panther fans were at the Jets game a cpl seasons ago (that didn't travel there with the Riot). It was way more than I would have expected. While talking to a couple of season ticket holders at the game, they told me it was the second most opposing fans he had seen in their stadium that season (Patriots being first). 

Yeah there were a ton there. That corner to the right of us was packed. And the endzone across the stadium too. Jets have a strong fanbase, but losing means tickets are easier to get. Not many are immune. 

14 minutes ago, stbugs said:

We need a hot start because our last 9 games aren’t easy. 7 of the 9 are against teams who’ve been to at least 1 playoff in the last 2 years and the other two are GB and Washington. Those are probably the easiest two games so that should tell you we need to start strong because unless we pull a 2015 out of our hat, we’re going to drop a few games in the last 9. 

This^^ I'm more interested in how we're looking in Nov and Dec

Just move the training camp around every year and it will constantly attract people. Move it to the beaches of NC/SC, maybe MB? Then move it to Raleigh, then Columbia, then Charlotte itself.......So on and so on. That is the right move to generate support in the two states. Constantly putting the training camp far away from many areas in Carolina, such as Spartanburg, is not a good idea. I just think that people have fatigue from it being in the same spot each and every year, it gets boring.

We were a 6-2 team with this staff, and a failing arm on Cam, and the defensive collapse ruined the season. The ''staff'' is not really an issue, even with a patchwork OL, and a LT off the damn couch we were one of the BEST teams in football.

Our age in the front 7 showed up and we couldn't generate pressure without exposing the back end, and when we didn't get to the QB bad things happened. That's the truth for ANY defense. 

All of the main issues personnel wise were addressed on defense, and even on the OL, outside of Cam's arm any rational fan should have pretty decent expectations for this season. And if early camp news is any indication, Cam's arm looks ready to go. 

Last year also had the uncertainty of potentially being the last camp at Wofford, and really wasn't even addressed publicly to my knowledge. Read last night that Tep at least wants to keep it there until the new facilities open - in 2022 - which I think was the 1st Ive heard of any commitment. So also could be in play too. 

44 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

Just move the training camp around every year and it will constantly attract people. Move it to the beaches of NC/SC, maybe MB? Then move it to Raleigh, then Columbia, then Charlotte itself.......So on and so on. That is the right move to generate support in the two states. Constantly putting the training camp far away from many areas in Carolina, such as Spartanburg, is not a good idea. I just think that people have fatigue from it being in the same spot each and every year, it gets boring.

Been saying for a long time that the Panthers have ignored huge portions of NC and even SC to some degree.  Tepper has not shown to care, nor did JR.

To the attendance thing...we were awful the last half of the season, and made no changes (that non die hards will pay attention to or understand).

Archived