• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Like no other year, Panthers need a fast start.

Jeremy Igo

Just now, TheCasillas said:

Can’t ignore data. I am not trying to offend you. 

It’s just the way it currently is. Also, right now I’m going to lean more toward the data points rather than your perspective, unless you can tell me why we had a less than ideal turn out yesterday based on your findings over the last few years?

I’m not offended, it’s just wrong. 

That event has been packed the last five years. Last night it wasn’t. How does Forbes data explain that?

4 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

I’m not offended, it’s just wrong. 

That event has been packed the last five years. Last night it wasn’t. How does Forbes data explain that?

As I said above.... we don't have a very strong fan base...... We have "fair weather" fans. We are coming off a down season with skeptics around Cam's shoulder.

Im pretty sure this has been the theme of our conversation...?

Just now, TheCasillas said:

As I said above.... we don't have a very strong fan base...... We have "fair weather" fans. We are coming off a down season with skeptics around Cam's shoulder.

Im pretty this has been the theme of our conversation...?

One of the largest crowds that place has ever seen was after a 6-10 season before the 2017 season. 

3 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

One of the largest crowds that place has ever seen was after a 6-10 season before the 2017 season. 

Im not sure what your point is here...? Look we arent going to see eye to eye. Your opinion is going to be bias, you guys run the best fan foundation in the southeast, and we are grateful. 

I shared that there was data that indicated our fan base can get better. I am really not sure why we are trying to drive this into the ground. 

9 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Im not sure what your point is here...? Look we arent going to see eye to eye. Your opinion is going to be bias, you guys run the best fan foundation in the southeast, and we are grateful. 

I shared that there was data that indicated our fan base can get better. I am really not sure why we are trying to drive this into the ground. 

This has nothing to do with me or our fan foundation, I’m talking specifically about how empty some of the opposing stadiums are and how easily I can grab hundreds of tickets together in the lower level directly from the teams. Most teams aren’t immune to fans being fair weather. It’s why Washington had tarps in the uppers this past season. It’s why a few years ago there were Panthers chants and tons of Panthers jerseys in Philly for our MNF game and the stadium was maybe 70% full. 

Panthers fans have shown up to events recently after losing seasons, so saying they didn’t last night because they’re fair weather isn’t accurate. Hell, Fan Fest this year sold out in like an hour. 

Of course our fan base can be a lot better. But that wasn’t your original statement.

53 minutes ago, ncstatekwi said:

Fair weather fans have always annoyed me!

Eh....it used to annoy me but in reality that is always going to be the bulk of most of every fanbase. You just have to succeed long enough to turn enough of them into hardcore fans. It takes time but it does happen. Once you have more kids growing up in the area following the Panthers(which will be dramatically enhanced by success/coverage), then that hardcore fan base will expand. 

3 minutes ago, blackcat said:

I'd say low attendance is due to the fact the training camp will cease to exist in Spartanburg.  I'm sure some folks are pissed about that.

I kind of suspect that. And, that's fine. Moving it much closer to a real population center is the right thing to do anyway.

2 minutes ago, bull123 said:

First week is big with two home games against the nfc champs and prime time on Thursday night

Yes we have a chance to literally have best record in league five days in. Both games at home...and then a mini-bye going into Week 3. That ten day stretch to Week 3 with a 2-0 record would be an awesome way to get the season off right and put some of the "8 and 8-ers" in the media on notice.

Archived