• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Like no other year, Panthers need a fast start.

Jeremy Igo

So looking at all the footage from yesterday one thing that screamed at me was the low fan attendance. Perfect weather yesterday yet the bleachers were mostly empty. Honestly it looks less than half the crowd from last year to me. Last year was on a Wednesday and the weather was hotter if memory serves. I don't think I have ever seen it that empty since 2010.

This is what I was worried about when no big changes were made to the coaching staff last year. Die hard fans like you fine folks are excited. But, there is not a lot of excitement out there with the casual fans. I pray the Panthers come out with a fast start and win immediately. If not, BoA will quickly turn into a haven for visiting fans as fair weather PSLers sell sell sell.

People will show up, as you said, with wins. The questions is: can this staff win with this team. Can they go the distance. 

It’s playoffs or bust. I’m typically not an absolutist about these things, but I was surprised Hurney/Ron and much of the staff survived choking away a 6-2 start.

They must win, and win now. Fans will always show up for that, even if Ron is still the coach. 

31 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

For sure. But adding no real changes after said dump ain't exactly hyping up this season.

Seems like there have been a lot of changes, no? McCoy, Irvin, Burns, 3-4, Cam’s health.... 

i was definitely surprised how small the crowd was

7 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

This isn’t accurate. Our fan base isn’t close to the top fan bases - it’s somewhere in the middle. But it’s FAR from the bottom. 

Forbes rated us in the bottom 20% in an article last year. Based on away game fan attendance, true fan % for home games and ticket resells, and lastly games viewed via broadcast.

it was measurements taken from the last 6 years. 

Let me add that you guys are doing an amazing job and I really appreciate you and everything you have accomplished

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Forbes rated us in the bottom 20% in an article last year. Based on away game fan attendance, true fan % for home games and ticket resells, and lastly games viewed via broadcast.

it was measurements taken from the last 6 years. 

Well if Forbes says so....

I’ve gone to a lot of away games (read: all of them) the last six years. I’ll go with my eyeball measurement vs Forbes telling me what % of the fans are cheering for which team. 

Just now, RoaringRiot said:

Well if Forbes says so....

I’ve gone to a lot of away games (read: all of them) the last six years. I’ll go with my eyeball measurement vs Forbes telling me what % of the fans are cheering for which team. 

Can’t ignore data. I am not trying to offend you. 

It’s just the way it currently is. Also, right now I’m going to lean more toward the data points rather than your perspective, unless you can tell me why we had a less than ideal turn out yesterday based on your findings over the last few years?

Archived