• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Starting offensive and defensive lines from yesterday...

Jeremy Igo

I won't be able to make it down to camp until Sunday (my week with my little girl).

As such, I am looking around for interesting tidbits on last night's practice. Here is a nugget from our friends at the Riot Report

the starting offensive line would appear to be, from left to right, Williams, Van Roten, Paradis, Turner, Moton. On the defensive side of the ball, the Panthers began practice in the traditional 3-4 front, with McCoy, Poe and Short across the front and Addison, Kuechly, Thompson, and Irvin behind them. In the secondary was Jackson, Bradberry, Reid — and Rashaan Gaulden.

That starting defensive front sounds right to me as far as who gets announced on Sundays at the stadium. Of course, there will be a very heavy rotation.

As far as the offensive line, that could be it for at least the start of the season. It would allow Little to at least get some more practice time in before taking over at LT.

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I won't be able to make it down to camp until Sunday (my week with my little girl).

As such, I am looking around for interesting tidbits on last night's practice. Here is a nugget from our friends at the Riot Report

That starting defensive front sounds right to me as far as who gets announced on Sundays at the stadium. Of course, there will be a very heavy rotation.

As far as the offensive line, that could be it for at least the start of the season. It would allow Little to at least get some more practice time in before taking over at LT.

So Poe is definitely in our plans for this year, correct? I was reading some article somewhere about 5 potential trades and they had him listed, but that didn't make sense to me.

17 minutes ago, bull123 said:

so williams at LT?

is our #1 draft pick from a few yrs ago butler even on our team?

Gettleman screwed us with this pick basically picked him just to have leverage against Short in contract negotiations.

Its really going to be interesting when we play the NFCS this year. Falcons spent a lot of draft capitol on rebuilding their o-line and the Saints have been keeping Brees clean for a few years now. If we can start getting to opposing QB's with any sort of regularity, we have a great chance to win the division. 

1 hour ago, GarthMcGrath said:

So Poe is definitely in our plans for this year, correct? I was reading some article somewhere about 5 potential trades and they had him listed, but that didn't make sense to me.

We probably don't like his contract, but I think Poe will be a completely different player in the new system. He'll earn what we're paying him, in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Lemory said:

Its really going to be interesting when we play the NFCS this year. Falcons spent a lot of draft capitol on rebuilding their o-line and the Saints have been keeping Brees clean for a few years now. If we can start getting to opposing QB's with any sort of regularity, we have a great chance to win the division. 

I don’t think this team has ever had the speed we have on defense now, and we have a 6x pro bowler along with Short in the middle. 

If we don’t improve on our 30 something sack total from last year I don’t know what to say.

That defensive front seven, if everyone plays up their expectations and potential, is very impressive.  I think KK and Poe will have better years because I think the 3-4 fits each better.

At LB, Addison, Irvin, Burns, can get to the QB; do not discount Miller (who can play if healthy) and Haynes--he is a 3-4 LB who had to play 4-3 DE--while he will not be a superstore, if he could give us 15-20 snaps and get about 5 sacks, that is a good sign.

Still waiting to see what kind of player Thompson is.  This defense could be very good.

9 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

If poe can shore it up that front 7 is the best in league history. That OL is tasty too

5 hours ago, Camp Fodder said:

If Williams and van rotten are the Starting LT and LG then Cam will be injured by week 3. Van Roten is horrendous and Williams s not a LT

If what you say is true about them then they won't be starting. We have other options if Van Roten sucks. Let's see what happens in preseason. There are lots of battles this year.

11 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Still waiting to see what kind of player Thompson is.  This defense could be very good.

In his post-practice interview today, when asked about leadership on defense, it was VERY interesting and a bit surprising to hear Gerald McCoy mention not only Luke and KK, but also Shaq. McCoy had string words of praise for Shaq in terms of his preparation, hard work, communication and leadership by example.  That was GREAT to hear. I have a feeling this is really the year we'll see Shaq shine. Sure hope so.

Archived