• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video: Brian Burns Highlight

Jeremy Igo

Doubt it was a sack. It would have been a holding penalty though. Burns is fast but he isn't strong enough yet to just burst through a hold or knock the tackles hands away. The knock on him is that he does great until the tackle has his hands on him.

Based on the film I watched, Little is good once he gets his hands on you and is rarely fooled inside--but speed rushers can get around him---

this can be fixed in time in some  cases, but if you have one glaring weakness and can be consistent everywhere else, it is easier to get help from a back or TE.

If that stays true--do not be surprised to see him at LG with Williams outside.  It could happen....not a prediction, but an observation.

10 hours ago, jfra78 said:

That was a sack

49 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Doubt it was a sack. It would have been a holding penalty though. Burns is fast but he isn't strong enough yet to just burst through a hold or knock the tackles hands away. The knock on him is that he does great until the tackle has his hands on him.

I don’t think it was a sack simply because Cam could easily step up and reset a little to the left. But who knows that speed is ridiculous.

29 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Based on the film I watched, Little is good once he gets his hands on you and is rarely fooled inside--but speed rushers can get around him---

this can be fixed in time in some  cases, but if you have one glaring weakness and can be consistent everywhere else, it is easier to get help from a back or TE.

If that stays true--do not be surprised to see him at LG with Williams outside.  It could happen....not a prediction, but an observation.

That’s a good assessment a year at guard to develop some in terms of nfl standards I could see that happening if he struggles. Daryl may just end up the better option at LT which based off his own hunger on a one year deal it may work out he may need help (te/rb) but that’s just how it goes sometimes that’s normal depending on the matchup. He was an all Pro RT even though I’ve seen a lot of he got a lot of help I don’t care if you’re All Pro you can’t ask for more than that if we get decent LT play we’ll be a force.

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

Makes sense. Terrible hurney pick as usual in 2nd

Donte Jackson was a second round pick.  He's has the highest ceiling in the secondary.  4 pics last year including 1 in the saints game he returned the length of the field to keep us in the game.  Can't wait to see him play.

9 minutes ago, Manther said:

Donte Jackson was a second round pick.  He's has the highest ceiling in the secondary.  4 pics last year including 1 in the saints game he returned the length of the field to keep us in the game.  Can't wait to see him play.

I’m waiting for the reply  :thinking:

On 7/26/2019 at 6:51 PM, Manther said:

And Donte proved what last year? He's raw, he's still too short, and he shouldn't be starting on the outside. See Steelers game. Hopefully he's better but he can't get taller. Little was a reach and terrible pick. See our starting Free Safety.

Archived