• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Daryl Williams to get a look at left guard and left tackle

Jeremy Igo

16 minutes ago, TheRed said:

There really isn't anything that can "make up" for getting absolutely zero return out of a 50 million dollar contract at a time when you have a core ready to make a run. Especially when you consider other first or early round busts like Benjamin, Funchess, and Butler.

Your eagerness to shoehorn me in as a Gettleman hater all along is simply flailing because anyone who has read my posts knows I supported a number of Gettleman moves. The head scratchers however set this franchise back in the same way Hurney did in the past, there is no disputing that, and I'm sorry if you can't handle that.

Also, I got a nice chuckle out of you trying to casually slide Mike effing Remmers into that group of "make up" players, lmfao.

nah dude you completely have a hate boner for gettleman. you bring him up constantly when nobody is talking about him. you called him an old white man when he’s actually jewish lol. like you couldn’t even have the decency to not be an anti-semetic douche.

1 minute ago, frash.exe said:

fua was a mistake and another hurney draft pick who didn’t have any tools to project to a real position in the nfl. he didn’t make it through one season with us after hurney was replaced 

for you to bring up a true fourth stringer that was experimented on bc that was literally the only shot they had and act like it’s as bad as taking your all-pro RT that you inherited and flipping him over and inside bc of some dumb philosophy about just wanting to put the five best players on the field and not caring about individual positional ability is such a reach.

It really blows my mind that some of the fan base actually thinks Williams is a good RT simply because he got a fluke All-Pro one year. That same year he lead the league in having a Tight End attached to his hip pocket on passing downs. The year he still gave up 40 QB pressures. Moton last year gave up just 29 qb pressures and had far less help from Tight End. Moton is the better RT. Period. Williams will make a decent guard but can not handle any speed rush at either tackle position. Take off the homer goggles man. That all pro label was a fluke. There is a reason why no one else in the league offered him more than the 6 mill we paid.

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

It was the preseason, however. I do think he should get a fair chance to win that LT spot, especially over a rookie. That being said, who do we put inside at LG if Williams starts at LT?

What about GVR? Was talking about him on the radio this morning, said he didn’t miss one run blocking assignment and was the only guy to start all 16 games

5 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

nah dude you completely have a hate boner for gettleman. you bring him up constantly when nobody is talking about him. you called him an old white man when he’s actually jewish lol. like you couldn’t even have the decency to not be an anti-semetic douche.

Now this is desperation, and you know it.

2 minutes ago, johnking3194 said:

It really blows my mind that some of the fan base actually thinks Williams is a good RT simply because he got a fluke All-Pro one year. That same year he lead the league in having a Tight End attached to his hip pocket on passing downs. The year he still gave up 40 QB pressures. Moton last year gave up just 29 qb pressures and had far less help from Tight End. Moton is the better RT. Period. Williams will make a decent guard but can not handle any speed rush at either tackle position. Take off the homer goggles man. That all pro label was a fluke. There is a reason why no one else in the league offered him more than the 6 mill we paid.

so bc moton allowed less pressures at right tackle, you’d rather have williams move to the left where cam’s blindside is?

1 minute ago, frash.exe said:

so bc moton allowed less pressures at right tackle, you’d rather have williams move to the left where cam’s blindside is?

I'd rather have Williams play guard, a positon that he was made for considering hes a mauler in the run game and will not face much speed rushers on the inside which is absolutely his biggest downfall and why he will not be anything other than a JAG at RT and leave Moton at his natural position. Obviously this all hinges on Little being serviceable at LT but that's a different  story. Did not enjoy that Hurney put all his eggs in that basket because Little has Boom or Bust written all over him. Would have rather had us trade for someone like Trent Williams, but that was a risk as well and didn't fit in the cap.  

8 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

you also called bernie sanders an old white man

What is it that you are hoping to accomplish with this bizarre subject change? The Bernie Sanders post you are referring to was in a completely different context with another poster in the tinderbox that you weren't even remotely a part of. I do not recall the post you are claiming about Gettleman.

You do understand that what you're engaging in here out of the blue with this claim is the very sort of Trumpism that is greatly harming our country right now, yes?

6 minutes ago, TheRed said:

What is it that you are hoping to accomplish with this bizarre subject change? The Bernie Sanders post you are referring to was in a completely different context with another poster in the tinderbox that you weren't even remotely a part of. I do not recall the post you are claiming about Gettleman.

You do understand that what you're engaging in here out of the blue with this claim is the very sort of Trumpism that is greatly harming our country right now, yes?

lmao rodeo put you on blast for the remark

so what does trumpism have to do with you saying racist poo bro?

4 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

lmao rodeo put you on blast for the remark

so what does trumpism have to do with you saying racist poo bro?

It was a poorly worded post I typed up quickly in an attempt to drive home a broader overall point regarding wealth in politics. There was absolutely no intent like you are inferring here.

Anyways. I take it we are done talking football now if this is the best rebuttal you've got to the posts I've made about our front office.

6 minutes ago, TheRed said:

It was a poorly worded post I typed up quickly in an attempt to drive home a broader overall point regarding wealth in politics. There was absolutely no intent like you are inferring here.

i’m sure rosanne barr can relate

maybe you guys take the same medication

Archived