• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Daryl Williams to get a look at left guard and left tackle

Jeremy Igo

7 hours ago, stbugs said:

Imagining. I only remember one preseason in 2016 and he looked lost at LT but not bad at RT. Had he looked good, he would have gone in for Oher and kept Remmers at RT.

Found it.

This was preseason 2015 where Williams played LT exclusively.

5 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Found it.

This was preseason 2015 where Williams played LT exclusively.

It was the preseason, however. I do think he should get a fair chance to win that LT spot, especially over a rookie. That being said, who do we put inside at LG if Williams starts at LT?

8 hours ago, stbugs said:

I don’t recall that before. He was listed as a G/T coming out of college and when he signed he said he’d play anywhere he was needed.

The funny thing is that there are more $9m+ and $10m+ guys at LG and RG than there are RT. While there were 2 bad contracts (Trent Brown and Juwan James) signed this year there are still only 5 RTs making more than $9m. There are 24 Gs and Cs making more than $9m.

The myth that Williams will make more as a RT than a G isn’t true.

Agreed. Seems like guard salary has been on a steep rise lately. $6 million is a good deal for a LG, or even a backup tackle if someone else beats him out at LG.

image.thumb.png.624e8ca367f1c018f07da2e6dc87bfe4.png

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

It was the preseason, however. I do think he should get a fair chance to win that LT spot, especially over a rookie. That being said, who do we put inside at LG if Williams starts at LT?

Van Roton, Larsen, Daley??  We're actually kinda deep, even if none of these strike terror into the hearts of defensive coordinators. VR was certainly serviceable last season.

1 minute ago, shaqattaq said:

Van Roton, Larsen, Daley??  We're actually kinda deep, even if none of these strike terror into the hearts of defensive coordinators. VR was certainly serviceable last season.

Yeah, that is kind of my point. That crowd is really better suited to being depth rather than starters, IMO. Ideally, Little just kills and we get to put Williams inside. If he is just clearly not ready, it does leave us a little weak at least in one spot.

Oh well, we will know soon enough.

Archived