• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Predicting the Panthers receivers. Who you got?

Jeremy Igo

8 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

CMC.... lol. I dont know really. 

That is the last person I want returning punts.  Not that he isn’t good at it.  But. O reason to let guys have free shots at his knees for no reason.  And if he goes down our offense could be a sputtering hot mess.  

Thats why I think we keep 6 receivers.  Ross or Godwin getting the last spot to return punts. 

2 hours ago, Devil Doc said:

Wide Receivers

Active: Hogan, Moore, Samuel, Smith, Wright

PS: Ross (Not sure if Eligible), Godwin

We will have more than 5 WR's. I'd bet money on that.

8 hours ago, Bronn said:

DJ
Samuel
Wright
Smith
Hogan
Godwin

I agree somewhat with @Khyber53 though that Smith or Hogan might be on the bubble, and it'll be because of Godwin.

If we can only keep 5, and if history is any indication, we'll stick with the old guys and try to put Godwin AND Ross on the PS.

I guess I could see a scenario where we cut Wright instead of Smith or Hogan, but I just feel like he's too reliable.

Most likely, though, we keep the 6 I listed. Our new defense and the personnel we have in it is going to allow us to carry less players on defense, which will benefit offensive depth.

Smith, Hogan, & Wright, not all will make the team! Likely the team carries 3QB and WR is a unit likely to have the cut of a man (they've done this before) which makes Ross' value larger being a returner and WR. Goodwin to the PS. 

3 hours ago, Devil Doc said:

Who would be the 6th? Godwin? then Ross and Robinson on PS?

Well, I think that is basically the point of this thread. We are debating that 6th slot. I just cannot see them deciding to keep less than 6, especially with one of our main WR's having a serious injury history.

11 hours ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Trading for a big name WR, until we see how Cam's shoulder holds up, would be incredibly idiotic. Pushing aside less receptions for Moore/Samuel, what's the point of getting an AJ Green type guy if Cam's shoulder breaks down again? 

Woulda coulda shoulda tried to get Deandre Hopkins a couple years back if you wanted to make a WR splash. 

We could have gotten Alshon Jeffery for relatively cheap on a 1 year deal a few years back if we would have made an attempt.  Only thing that worries me about this WR core is height.  Cam has shown to overthrow his WRs at times throughout his career.  Thought that was mostly why we drafted KB and Funchess in consecutive years.  

Archived