• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Predicting the Panthers receivers. Who you got?

Jeremy Igo

Personally, I love this corps. So much talent and potential here. CMC, Moore, and Samuel are the future headaches for DCs around the league. Wright and Hogan are solid security blankets for Cam. Torrey... He's a nice guy and that's all I've got to say about him. I think cam and the offense are in for a great year. Not worried about not having a tall receiver. That's why we have TEs. We've got a team that is built to move the chains and if the D can help create short fields for them, we'll be seeing lots of footballs given to kids this year.

One major problem I foresee is Ron’s ability to cut a vet especially after asking him to take a pay cut. Sounds weird but I truly don’t think we’ll cut Smith because he took that reduction earlier. We may get more impact more juice from the rookie from GA I willing to put cash down Roma taking his vet over the cheaper rookie. IE Moore/Samuel’s playing time last year until the world realized you have better options then Fun. So based off that Goodwin is in for a practice squad year it seems.

Trading for a big name WR, until we see how Cam's shoulder holds up, would be incredibly idiotic. Pushing aside less receptions for Moore/Samuel, what's the point of getting an AJ Green type guy if Cam's shoulder breaks down again? 

Woulda coulda shoulda tried to get Deandre Hopkins a couple years back if you wanted to make a WR splash. 

20 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Trading for a big name WR, until we see how Cam's shoulder holds up, would be incredibly idiotic. Pushing aside less receptions for Moore/Samuel, what's the point of getting an AJ Green type guy if Cam's shoulder breaks down again? 

Woulda coulda shoulda tried to get Deandre Hopkins a couple years back if you wanted to make a WR splash. 

Not 100% sure that AJ either doesn't get extended or cut this offseason.  He is a 15M cap hit with a 3M dead cap.

IF they are trying to rebuild...and they should be, it's best to cut him, or trade him for some late rounder....I don't think we could sustain his cap hit this season without extending him, and I'm not in favor of that until we see what we have in No. 1's right shoulder.

4 hours ago, Squirrel said:

No number 1 Very weak after Moore and Samuel. Wright is a good number 3. Wouldn't be surprised if we pull off a trade before training camp begins. 

Having a “#1” isn’t necessary. You got guys who know how to make plays, that’s all you need.

1 hour ago, mc52beast said:

Having a “#1” isn’t necessary. You got guys who know how to make plays, that’s all you need.

I agree.  Give me three guys who can catch the ball and move the chains, and a qb who spreads it around over a team that has a true number one.  All you have to do is look at NE.  James White had more catches, Edelman had more yards.  And Gronk/Hogan/Gordon had more YPC.   

1 hour ago, Devil Doc said:

Wide Receivers

Active: Hogan, Moore, Samuel, Smith, Wright

PS: Ross (Not sure if Eligible), Godwin

I would be fine with just 5 but who is returning punts?  

I think Scarlett or Holyfield can return kickoffs.  But punts???  

Archived