• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Such respect for Funchess!

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

I agree. Amazingly enough I believe other teams watch tape as well and it sure seemed obvious it was a play for CMC and he was the last line in case CMC got through.

I guess clickbait works better when it’s ex-players we like to trash. Funchess gave my middle son an autograph at Fan Fest and was super nice to all the kids including my youngest at his charity night. After watching All or Nothing, I actually like him more and unlike KB, he hasn’t trashed anyone or shown mental instability. I think he cracked under the pressure of his cousin’s funeral followed by going home. He’s not nearly as bad as that Detroit game. Once he dropped the first one, it was over.

Anyway, as much as trashing former players is a tradition here, I hope he does well and honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he does well. He’s shown flashes but he’s not a number 1. His best half season was when KB was still here garnering the top CB’s attention.

@Jeremy Igo this is actually a good point. If you ever are looking for some productive feedback, I'd say this is quality right here.

5 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Funch tried, he just didn't have the talent to stick as a #1 WR. I'm not about bashing him. KB is a different story, but I'm over that too. Time to roll with the players we have, which are an exciting bunch.

I'm not convinced that he tried. He ran a lot of lazy routes and seemed disinterested out there on the field quite a bit. He had one good year out of four for us. I was really hoping he'd turned a corner after that 3rd season, but then he went right back to his old ways last season. It was definitely time for us to part ways. Maybe a change of scenery will do him some good, but having someone hand him $11M for this season may just reinforce that he's been doing just fine all along. Either way, after this season he should be financially set for life if he's handles his money decently so good for him.

So sad.  Funchess was just what we needed during the 2015 SB run, and there were games we would have lost had he not held on to contested catches in the endzone.   Last year was supposed to be his break out year and he totally choked.    It was right to let him go, I was sad to see what happened, I hope he earns his pay in Indy.

22 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not convinced that he tried. He ran a lot of lazy routes and seemed disinterested out there on the field quite a bit. He had one good year out of four for us. I was really hoping he'd turned a corner after that 3rd season, but then he went right back to his old ways last season. It was definitely time for us to part ways. Maybe a change of scenery will do him some good, but having someone hand him $11M for this season may just reinforce that he's been doing just fine all along. Either way, after this season he should be financially set for life if he's handles his money decently so good for him.

I always tape games, then keep wins and close losses.  Everybody made such a huge deal of Torrey Smith getting reps and how awful he was at the first of the year last year.  After watching the games, they should have been mad at Funchess.  He got zero and I mean zero separation in his routes.  He tried to make easy catches hard and never became consistent at using his 6'4" frame to take the ball from smaller defenders.  We will be worlds better without him this year.  Players like Funchess are the reason I pay very little attention to Cam's percentages over the course of a season.  Many passes are dropped and left on the field.  And Funchess was trying to be cute when he first signed with Indy talking about Super Bowl.  Yeah right!!!

1 hour ago, NorthTryon said:

I always tape games, then keep wins and close losses.  Everybody made such a huge deal of Torrey Smith getting reps and how awful he was at the first of the year last year.  After watching the games, they should have been mad at Funchess.  He got zero and I mean zero separation in his routes.  He tried to make easy catches hard and never became consistent at using his 6'4" frame to take the ball from smaller defenders.  We will be worlds better without him this year.  Players like Funchess are the reason I pay very little attention to Cam's percentages over the course of a season.  Many passes are dropped and left on the field.  And Funchess was trying to be cute when he first signed with Indy talking about Super Bowl.  Yeah right!!!

I really hoped he'd turned a corner after 2017, but when you have one solid, reliable season and three highly inconsistent, unreliable seasons... well, that one solid, reliable season starts to look like an anomaly. Funchess had bad timing on that one good season. Had it been last year, he would've probably been able to use that to cash in on a good, multi-season deal with significant guaranteed money. Instead, he had to settle for a one year deal but at least it was a highly overpaid $11M one year deal. As long as he isn't dumb with his money, he'll be financially set for life after this season.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I really hoped he'd turned a corner after 2017, but when you have one solid, reliable season and three highly inconsistent, unreliable seasons... well, that one solid, reliable season starts to look like an anomaly. Funchess had bad timing on that one good season. Had it been last year, he would've probably been able to use that to cash in on a good, multi-season deal with significant guaranteed money. Instead, he had to settle for a one year deal but at least it was a highly overpaid $11M one year deal. As long as he isn't dumb with his money, he'll be financially set for life after this season.

Aren't a lot of athletes notorious for spending money though? Sportrac has Funchess' combined earnings at 15.5 million including his Colts contract. That a decent bit but like I said, it's not so much if you're buying million dollars houses and 100,000 dollar cars.  

42 minutes ago, Pantha-kun said:

Aren't a lot of athletes notorious for spending money though? Sportrac has Funchess' combined earnings at 15.5 million including his Colts contract. That a decent bit but like I said, it's not so much if you're buying million dollars houses and 100,000 dollar cars.  

Many but not all. Keyshawn Johnson and Shaq both own a bunch of chain restaurants. Gronk us thought of as a dumb jock meathead but has supposedly been living entirely off of endorsements and hasn't touched a dime of his NFL earnings.

Archived