• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Oh my God..... It's camp week.

Jeremy Igo

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope I'm wrong as hell about FS and here shortly we're hearing rave reviews about Gaulden and his massive improvements over the offseason. 

Gaulden biggest issue is he struggled to read plays.  He was good at tackling and good at man coverage but terrible in zone coverage.  A solid offseason of doing film studying could fix his issues.  We are mostly zone D so recognizing the plays is extremely important.

35 minutes ago, stbugs said:

When was he good at man coverage? I remember one preseason game where he was like Seymour or Colin Jones or Elder in terms of being picked on badly. He hasn't played anywhere near enough to say he's good at anything yet. It's also too early to say he sucks.

Also, it's still amazing that the coaching/GM always rah rah guys (not pointing to you) act like us Gaulden concerned guys are not giving him a chance. If anyone watched the Amazon show then they would be as concerned as us. It's not just the hope that Gaulden does well, it's the realization that if any of our proven guys, Bradberry, Reid and Jackson, go down, we are completely screwed. If Donte doesn't get hurt, Seattle doesn't get close to us. Elder having to go in as a starter gave Wilson a target. We have zero, I mean, zero depth even if, a big if, Gaulden plays well and I very little confidence in him.

Agreed on safety depth but if Cockrell can come back from his injury that should give us a little breathing room at CB at least.

14 hours ago, stbugs said:

When was he good at man coverage? I remember one preseason game where he was like Seymour or Colin Jones or Elder in terms of being picked on badly. He hasn't played anywhere near enough to say he's good at anything yet. It's also too early to say he sucks.

Also, it's still amazing that the coaching/GM always rah rah guys (not pointing to you) act like us Gaulden concerned guys are not giving him a chance. If anyone watched the Amazon show then they would be as concerned as us. It's not just the hope that Gaulden does well, it's the realization that if any of our proven guys, Bradberry, Reid and Jackson, go down, we are completely screwed. If Donte doesn't get hurt, Seattle doesn't get close to us. Elder having to go in as a starter gave Wilson a target. We have zero, I mean, zero depth even if, a big if, Gaulden plays well and I very little confidence in him.

Preseason really? A rookie looked rough in a preseason game? Shocking

Archived