• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Possible move to the Charlotte area

Bruce Wayne

I'd reccomend Matthews. Even though the area has grown a TON since I lived around there, it's still got kind of a small town feel. Unless you're a six figure income kinda guy, then I'd reccomend South Charlotte around the Ballantyne/Providence CC area.

South Charlotte, but inside the 485 loop if you want to avoid complete suburbia.

I've always like the area between Providence Rd. and Sardis north of 51. Its not as new and flashy as the new crappy South Char areas, but not as ritzy ditzy as Myers Park.

For just outside of the city, look at Tega Cay. I'd have to agree with who mentioned that earlier.

Well that's my input.

Honestly I'd say hop the border and live in SC around Lake Wylie. The schools in Clover, Fort Mill, and Tega Cay are great. You gey WAYYYY more house for your money and lower taxes. Much lower crime too.

It's a longer communte and a slower lifestyle as you'll have to drive into the cities on weekends but really the pros outweigh the cons by alot.

Lake Wylie is a really hot area for real estate, your home should gain value over the years.

We would probably prefer a country setting

Then I would REALLY consider hopping the border to SC, although the development is moving in fast where I live. I still saw cows on my way to school but i was only 25 mins from the stadium.

The charlotte metro area is a a big ever consuming blob of planned communities and massive planned shopping centers and buisness parks. These huge development firms grab up land quickly so your probably going to have to live further than the spot my parents chose 20 years ago. It's really an eyesore because there is no variety and this big blob really lacks personality.

I'm totally biased towards SC but if your close enough to the border you really get all the pros of each state. All the oppurtunity and entertainment of NC with the quiet and simple life of SC.

Archived