• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charleston Trip!

Jeremy Igo

Spent the weekend in Charleston and had such an amazing time. 

Dining, shopping, drinking...drinking.... 

Went to the SC Aquarium and got a behind the scenes tour. Met a loggerhead turtle which was amazing. 

Capped off the weekend at Sullivan Island Beach. 

I had never really done the Charleston thing before and I had just the best time. Highly recommend. 

20190707_141406.jpg

20190707_125543.jpg

20190707_124132.jpg

20190707_122622.jpg

20190707_092650.jpg

20190706_181932.jpg

20190706_181612.jpg

20190706_140616.jpg

2 minutes ago, Major wRecktum said:

Been here for 13 years...and it's still hot.  One you're all history-ed out, it's a pretty dull joint.  Unless you want to go to church, then there's one on every corner.

Yeah, I really enjoy going back to visit but I honestly have no desire to live there. Too hot and the tourists are just overwhelming. The haves and have nots divide is a little disturbing too. Slavery basically still exists in Charleston.

• 3 weeks later...

It's weird, I don't live that far from Charleston, but I almost never go there unless it's for a doctor's appointment. It's nice, plenty of things to do and yet, I never go for pleasure. That needs to change. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have lived in Charleston for over 40 years I'm so ready to get away from this place.  I'm thinking about a small town in Kentucky on the Ohio river.   

I'm so sick of all these people.  Charleston was great before the great rush of Yankees moving here.  You could buy a decent house for a 100k a nice one near the beach on the island, lol not anymore! 

On 7/8/2019 at 12:07 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I really enjoy going back to visit but I honestly have no desire to live there. Too hot and the tourists are just overwhelming. The haves and have nots divide is a little disturbing too. Slavery basically still exists in Charleston.

You haven’t seen nothing yet.

Head slightly south to Kiawah Island. Might even find a plantation.

3 hours ago, Lumps said:

You haven’t seen nothing yet.

Head slightly south to Kiawah Island. Might even find a plantation.

My wife graduated from CofC and we lived in Charleston for awhile. A good buddy of mine is a golf pro at Kiawah. I know it well. The entire SC lowcountry feels like that.

• 1 month later...

Charleston's a great city to visit for vacation. Been there several times since I was 5. I'm glad you checked out the aquarium & the shores. Kick ass sites. If I could make a suggestion, next time check out:

Charleston City Market

Tommy Condon's Irish Pub (Irish cover band on Saturday nights)

USS Yorktown CV-10

The Citadel

Poogan's Porch

Archived