• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

John Fox

Hairless Cat

kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?

Lance: What?

Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that.

[kneels]

kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, i walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like

[sniffing, pondering]

kilgore: Victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

xxx

Knows more about football and evaluating talent than any person on this forum and more than 1/2 the head coaches in the NFL.

What the hell do most of you know about Carolina Panther football anyway? !!!! Most of you are from god damn New Jersey!!!!!!! If Foxy says its safe to start Jake, then god damn it its safe to start Jake!!!!!!!!!

You're right!

Pity those Arizona Cardinals.

Jake's gonna smoke 'em. :thumbsup:

I think the problem is NOT that Foxy doesn't know football, it's that he is way too risk-averse; and that he is constantly throwing good money and times after bad ones in terms of Jake Delhomme (see: Sunk Cost Fallacy).

At this point he's not making decisions that are best for the franchise; he's making decisions to try to save his career. He knows he's wagered it all on Jake, he knows that any risky play call that doesn't work could lead to people calling for his head, so he's making decisions that give him some semblance of keeping his job next season, NOT decisions which maximize our expected value in terms of winning football games.

Archived