• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Soccer....

SCP

To try and make it bigger than it is-is just ignorant.

soccer=blows

you mean like some people do for Halloween? So because you don't like it means it sucks?

Let me throw this out there...and I am sure this will be something many will just love to hear....

one big reason why soccer is not as accepted in the USA is that there are many many nations in the world that are far superior at the game. In my opinion, Americans generally want to be the best at anything and everything, and that isn't necessarily a bad thing, but when they can't be, well then it sucks, or it blows, or whatever else you wanna say about it. Same reason why there is a general lack of passion about most sports in Canada, other than hockey.

Thoughts?

Elite american athletes would get good at soccer real quick if there was big money in it like there is in NFL, NBA and MLB...

And I'm sure that there is big money in Europe in Soccer, but it's not as visible here as the other sports...

I dare say the elite soccer players are paid equally or maybe more than the elite football/baseball players...but thats just a guess.

Archived