• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christian Miller may be the steal of the draft

Jeremy Igo

15 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Combined with the other players on this front 7, you add in Miller with his speed and strength... if he can do what he does on this video consistently he'll be a monster.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrettKollmann/status/1095016610077630464

If he plays against tackle dummies not in pads? This ain't rugby yo. 

I think it would be insulting to say, "They both need time," so I will say that they both are in a good situation to grow with Irvin and Addison on the roster. In fairness to the man crushing Zod (Miller, Grier this year), Miller checks all the boxes.  Fell due to injury history, but sometimes, you hit a run of bad luck.

I am  still curious about Obada and Cox Jr.  What will happen to them.?

1 hour ago, CPcavedweller said:

If he plays against tackle dummies not in pads? This ain't rugby yo. 

.. that was impressive and its pretty much undenaible the man has the ability. I'm not trying to debate the importance and game correlation that specific football drill has...esp. during the second day of minicamp...lol. Which is probably 75% drills ... the rugby helps yo. 

Bend is Bend ... nomatter the situation..you think a Matt Kalil could defend that?. Considering dude was limited and rotational and still managed to end up the season second in sacks on Alabama....I'd say it's working pretty good.  Can he improve and do it at a higher level is the question. 

Let's hope you are right. Teams that win Super Bowls do not draft the Rashaun Gauldens, Edmund Kugbilas, Daryl Worleys, or Zach Sanchez of the world. We need to start hitting on more of our mid-round picks. No one doubts our first and second round picks are hits more times than not. But our depth is piss poor. Every year we are an injury or two away from irrelevance (Cam obviously but even moreso than that).

12 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

Let's hope you are right. Teams that win Super Bowls do not draft the Rashaun Gauldens, Edmund Kugbilas, Daryl Worleys, or Zach Sanchez of the world. We need to start hitting on more of our mid-round picks. No one doubts our first and second round picks are hits more times than not. But our depth is piss poor. Every year we are an injury or two away from irrelevance (Cam obviously but even moreso than that).

The truth is that all teams draft multiple players who are duds relative to expectations.

Chad Jackson (2nd Round)

Dominique Easley (1rst round)

Ron Brace (2nd Round)

Marquise Hill (2nd Round)

Aaron Dobson (2nd Round)

Kevin O'Connell (3rd Round)

Jake Bequette (3rd Round)

Taylor Price (Third Round)

Cyrus Jones (2nd Round)

All of these are fairly recent picks made by the New England Patriots.

19 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Nor did I but when my Google search came up with that gold, it was definitely going in this thread.

Lordy, I'd hate to see your google search history. :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

17 hours ago, Smithers said:

Millers knock was his ability to stay healthy.  No one ever doubted his pure talent.  If he can stay on the field, he will be a steal for sure. 

Seems they are taking it slowly with the kid considering the injury history. Bad hamstrings can take a lot of time and therapy to strengthen.

18 hours ago, Snake said:

Don't tell that to Saints fans who think they can just block them with one guy.

Too bad the players know better. Fans always lead with their heart and not their head. I know I am guilty as a Panthers fan. I think we are going to do well every week and am shocked when the pundits we're right and I was wrong. 

2 hours ago, PanthersAddict said:

Miller will have more sacks than Burns this year, with less snaps, imo. Teams will gameplan for Burns. I don't think they'll be too worried about Miller, until he starts to put on a show. 

They wont game plan for either until they are shown they need to.

Archived