• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Next Head Coach, What would you prefer???

stopncrank

I know i'm going to get flamed and I know it won't happen but I wouldn't mind taking the Kiffin tandem out of Tennesee.

I think he got a raw deal in Oakland under Davis, and I like the younger kiffin's attitude and the older kiffin's defense

I don't think Lane is cut out for the pro game. His positives as a coach just about end with recruiting. He'll do fine at Tennessee, but I don't think I'd like for him to coach "my" NFL team.

Here are some key points the Panthers owner should consider when/if they look for a new HC to replace Fox:

Avoid the "Big Name" former coaches, Cower, Schottenheimer, Shanahan, Gruden, etc., most are just looking for a big payday. Remember, the Panthers best success has came from hiring young assistant coaches (Capers and Fox) as a Head Coach. After the Morris mistake in Tampa Bay, I don't think the Panthers should consider anyone for Head Coach that isn't at least an NFL coordinator.

By far the best Head Coaching candidate this off season will be Mike Nolan, the Broncos Defensive Coordinator. He won't come cheap, and their will be strong competition for him from the Chargers (could he work for GM A. J. Smith?), Redskins (could he work for Dan Snyder?), and maybe the Cowboys (would he want his owner to also be his GM, and would he want Jason Garrett as his OC?). I like a 4-3 defense, and that's what the Panthers are built for, but Nolan is a 3-4 defensive expert. In one season he's turned the Broncos defense from one of the worst in the NFL for several years, into the best defense in the NFL. In addition, you couldn't ask for a better public face to your franchise, he always a suit, and looks like a PR professional. Nolan has the leverage to ask for more control than just being a Head Coach, and after GM Marty Hurney's new contract for Jake Delhomme, giving a veto over Hurney might not be a bad idea.

Here are some key points the Panthers owner should consider when/if they look for a new HC to replace Fox:

Avoid the "Big Name" former coaches, Cower, Schottenheimer, Shanahan, Gruden, etc., most are just looking for a big payday. Remember, the Panthers best success has came from hiring young assistant coaches (Capers and Fox) as a Head Coach. After the Morris mistake in Tampa Bay, I don't think the Panthers should consider anyone for Head Coach that isn't at least an NFL coordinator.

By far the best Head Coaching candidate this off season will be Mike Nolan, the Broncos Defensive Coordinator. He won't come cheap, and their will be strong competition for him from the Chargers (could he work for GM A. J. Smith?), Redskins (could he work for Dan Snyder?), and maybe the Cowboys (would he want his owner to also be his GM, and would he want Jason Garrett as his OC?). I like a 4-3 defense, and that's what the Panthers are built for, but Nolan is a 3-4 defensive expert. In one season he's turned the Broncos defense from one of the worst in the NFL for several years, into the best defense in the NFL. In addition, you couldn't ask for a better public face to your franchise, he always a suit, and looks like a PR professional. Nolan has the leverage to ask for more control than just being a Head Coach, and after GM Marty Hurney's new contract for Jake Delhomme, giving a veto over Hurney might not be a bad idea.

Did you see what Nolan did in San Fransisco as Head Coach? Thats right, nothing.

I like Mike Shanahan. I also like Brian Billick. There are a lot of good proven coaches out there.

Interesting to see what Shanny could do with our running game. But I think I'd prefer a defensive minded coach as our personel doesn't lend itself to a rocket science level offense.

A good QB could change that however, with a rookie not right away of course.

Good qualifications. Now who is it?

the 2 that come to mind are Mike Singletary and Parcells but alas they are taken and Gregg Popovich doesn't coach football

unfortunatley the coach I'd prefer is either already taken or doesn't exist yet, and any coach and GM that is available is gonna be a wtf? were they thinking when hired

but those were just preferences,

coaches I'd like to see regardless if they meet my preferences because I like them

Mark Mangino KU

Troy Calhoun Air Force

Greg Shiano Rutgers

Ron Rivera SD

Rod Marinelli Chi

Steve Mariucci NFL network

Jack Del Rio Jax

Archived