• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Next Head Coach, What would you prefer???

stopncrank

I'm a little confused what all the obsession is with Cowher here. He's a great coach, but I do not see him being vastly different from Fox at all, though he is probably a bit of an upgrade (how much is probably debatable). Likewise, I think Gruden would not really be an upgrade.

I do not know enough about McDermott to comment.

:eek: Dude Fox never hsd back to back winning seasons. Yes Fox went to the SB in his second year with panthers. And Dom capers went to the NFC Champ. Game in his second year. But Dom a year are 2 later got fired like Fox will this coming offseason. But Bill has been to superbowls and won 1 of them and has won 8 division titles in his 15 years with the steelers. Plus he has proven to build winning teams and great defenses with the help of his good friend Dick Leabue. Bill Cowher track record of been a great winning coach is far better then Fox will ever be. Fox is a good coach. But Bill Cowher is far better choice when it comes to picking from what coaches are out there currently. I am not saying Bill is going to be the Main choice for the HC job next year if Fox is fired. But since Bill is living in NC and in the past few years he has turned down some coaching offers from other NFL teams. I am assuming Bill Cowher is waiting for the HC job in Carolina to open up so he can go after. But mark my words he most will be in the top 5 choices if for interview if he does not decline the offer.

:eek: Dude Fox never hsd back to back winning seasons. Yes Fox went to the SB in his second year with panthers. And Dom capers went to the NFC Champ. Game in his second year. But Dom a year are 2 later got fired like Fox will this coming offseason. But Bill has been to superbowls and won 1 of them and has won 8 division titles in his 15 years with the steelers. Plus he has proven to build winning teams and great defenses with the help of his good friend Dick Leabue. Bill Cowher track record of been a great winning coach is far better then Fox will ever be. Fox is a good coach. But Bill Cowher is far better choice when it comes to picking from what coaches are out there currently. I am not saying Bill is going to be the Main choice for the HC job next year if Fox is fired. But since Bill is living in NC and in the past few years he has turned down some coaching offers from other NFL teams. I am assuming Bill Cowher is waiting for the HC job in Carolina to open up so he can go after. But mark my words he most will be in the top 5 choices if for interview if he does not decline the offer.

You are right, Cowher is better, but I think he is largely of the same mold as Fox, and most fans here seem to want something vastly different.

We'll see if Fox is here next season... I honestly expect him to be. I would bet that the Big Cat will give him a chance to bounce back next season unless there is a total team implosion.

Given we already have a 4-3, McDermott could come right in and take what we already have, Since we can't have Jim Johnson, may he rest in peace, McDermott is the next best thing.

True, a possible swith to a 3-4 does have potential for a greater learning curve. Either way it must be done.

Well the general buzz about town has been all about cowher. My roommate went to high school with his daughter (whom is apparently attractive at first but then you see her father in her face and are startled and take a second guess, kind of like brooke hogan) and said her dad wouldn't coach again unless he was near his family, which resides in the greater north raleigh area. that's not too far from charlotte... kind of (but not really). either way he would still be in the same state and wouldn't have to listen to shannon sharp and his constant congestion during the CBS pre-game show.

plus it's bill effing cowher, how are you not going to try and get the guy to coach your team?

My roommate went to high school with his daughter (whom is apparently attractive at first but then you see her father in her face and are startled and take a second guess, kind of like brooke hogan)

plus it's bill effing cowher, how are you not going to try and get the guy to coach your team?

I'd do Brooke Hogan!

Cowher is my chioce too.

old school hard knocks type that tells, what "it is"

can adjust gameplans on the fly

has a competant staff of assistant coaches that take pride in what they do

understands the strengths of his team and emphasizes them

has a GM that knows the weaknesses and finds solutions

old school hard knocks type that tells, what "it is"

can adjust gameplans on the fly

has a competant staff of assistant coaches that take pride in what they do

understands the strengths of his team and emphasizes them

has a GM that knows the weaknesses and finds solutions