• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Next Head Coach, What would you prefer???

stopncrank

A superbowl ring and before any one says it was Tony Dungy's team. Who's team did they play against? That right Grudens team he built. Gruden screwed up in TB. But I bet if he came to the Panthers we would win the Superbowl in less than 3 years and in 7 have 2 SB rings.

you love to hate chucky because he is good. I like the intensity he brings....Jake couldnt carry the gatorade for grudens team....

If people think Fox is too loyal to aging veterans then they are going to hate John Gruden. He consistently had one of the oldest teams in football and continued to throw all kinds of money at aging has beens in both Tampa and Oakland. He was lucky enough to inherit the bucs super bowl team right before the team got too old. I think people love Gruden all of a sudden just because he's a likeable commentator.

Don't know who I want, but I don't want any of the big name coaches. I would prefer getting someone younger and hungrier.

How many coaches are as successful their second time around after winning a Superbowl with their first team? I can't think of any that won superbowls with two different teams, although I am sure there are some.

If people think Fox is too loyal to aging veterans then they are going to hate John Gruden. He consistently had one of the oldest teams in football and continued to throw all kinds of money at aging has beens in both Tampa and Oakland. He was lucky enough to inherit the bucs super bowl team right before the team got too old. I think people love Gruden all of a sudden just because he's a likeable commentator.

Truer words were never said. I think Gruden's a decent coach. I'd be open to having him here but only if he's one of the last guys on the table.

Bill Cowher, experienced route.

Or, Sean McDermott DC for the Iggles. Has worked under Andy Reid's umbrella and at the shoulder of the great, late Jim Johnson. Very good lineage there.

Either way, I'd be happy.

A defense that blitzes like the Eagles. That would be awesome!!!

A superbowl ring and before any one says it was Tony Dungy's team. Who's team did they play against? That right Grudens team he built. Gruden screwed up in TB. But I bet if he came to the Panthers we would win the Superbowl in less than 3 years and in 7 have 2 SB rings.
So Bill Coward can do the same aswell and better. Gruden= a fox wanna be with a Bill Cowher type look in his face when his team does bad. Bill Cowher is a coach who in his 15 years with the steelers built his own team up and they did very well. Bill Cowher 8 division titles and won 2 AFC champship title games and went to 2 Superbowls with the steelers. One of them was SB XXX lossing to the Cowboys and His last SB winning it. See right now he would be the best best option for the new HC for the panthers and plus he would bring in the 3-4 D to give us a fresh new look on D. And since he lives in NC he most likly will be on the top of Jerry list of coaches to go after. Don't be surprised is Jerry and Bill Cowher is already behind the scenes working on this deal as we speak. That might be why fox is not making the right moves now.Because he knows his job is over after this season.:smash:

Truer words were never said. I think Gruden's a decent coach. I'd be open to having him here but only if he's one of the last guys on the table.

Gruden did a good job in Oakland. He took them from a losing team to within a not so good call of beating the Patriots and going to the Supebowl. And while Gruden gets accused of winning the superbowl with Dungy's team, he beat his own team to win it.

That being said, I don't want him or Cowher. If we are going to get a retread coach, Shottenheimer is probably the best bet. Our team is already set up like he likes it. And he would be anxious to prove he can win in the playoffs.

I'm a little confused what all the obsession is with Cowher here. He's a great coach, but I do not see him being vastly different from Fox at all, though he is probably a bit of an upgrade (how much is probably debatable). Likewise, I think Gruden would not really be an upgrade.

I do not know enough about McDermott to comment.

Archived