• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Next Head Coach, What would you prefer???

stopncrank

So as a general question, what type of coach would you prefer? A Defensive minded coach ala John Fox, or a Mike Martz type Offensive minded coach? Or if there is one out there, a Hybrid of the two? And if it's a coach who's familiar with both sides of the ball, who would they be? Also, would you prefer a coach who has experience like a Mike Holmgren, or a cooridinator out there waiting in the wings?

My hope is we find one who is competent on both sides of the ball. It just to me feels like Coach Fox will make moves in a flat minute like last week to sign Tank Tyler to shore up the D, but how long have we been waiting on that #2 receiver? Not saying he doesn't care about the Offensive side, but he makes moves quicker on the Devensive side. It also seems that for whatever reason under Fox besides the Superbowl year we never have both sides of the ball clicking consistently. I hope we get a guy who isnt just a Defense or Offense guy. And i agree about the older guy, i would hope we could get a guy thats gonna give us more than 2-3 years.

WOW Squirrel, you want Gruden, tell us what you think he would bring to the table?

A superbowl ring and before any one says it was Tony Dungy's team. Who's team did they play against? That right Grudens team he built. Gruden screwed up in TB. But I bet if he came to the Panthers we would win the Superbowl in less than 3 years and in 7 have 2 SB rings.

Archived