• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gerald McCoy visiting today!

Jeremy Igo

Going against his old team would be icing on the cake, but the cake still has to be there ($$$$$$$). 

I doubt he would have chosen to visit Carolina unless they showed a willingness to negotiate in the same ballpark as Cleveland and Baltimore. The icing makes the difference IF the offer is competitive. 

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

He gave out big contracts to players who had no business getting those type of contracts. Gerald isn’t one of those guys. He’s a great player.

Not going to rehash all the reasons and issues from a decade ago. I agree McCoy is a good player and we should sign him. Still if he gets injured or has issues watch the same folks advocating to sign him come out of the woodwork to bash Hurney. It surely happened with Poe.

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

interesting.  If you were a high profile athlete, why do that?  Maybe they offered him a reduced contract.  If I am his agent, I say
"That would be a big ole bowl of Nope.  Your offensive line sucked and your QB had no shoulder." 

Then if I was Hurney I would say Bye Felicia!

13 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Oh one more thing I forgot to add. He went vegan. That’s why Igo is all over him. 

Why does Igo care if he is vegan lol. I really don't like players going vegan even Cam. I've never seen anyone do well when they did that. Former RB Foster from Texans when he went vegan I was like he is done. Guess what he never did poo after that and always stayed injured. I think u should stick with what u have been doing this whole time.

6 hours ago, rayzor said:

I hope he parks his batmobile and stays.

And, just like the car, best not to judge on looks alone.

Rolls Royce is owned by BMW and what's under the hood is pure Beamer. That "RR" on the grill is simply eye candy.

McCoy is 31 and the NFL average retirement age for D-linemen is.... 32-34.

3 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Why does Igo care if he is vegan lol. I really don't like players going vegan even Cam. I've never seen anyone do well when they did that. Former RB Foster from Texans when he went vegan I was like he is done. Guess what he never did poo after that and always stayed injured. I think u should stick with what u have been doing this whole time.

Cause Igo’s a vegan. They tend to stick together. 

Not really big on getting McCoy at his age and I'd rather fill other positions of need.

Those saying cut Poe, we'd actually lose cap space doing that.

Torrey Smith would free up $5 million with no consequences

Butler would free up about $1 million

We'll also have a lot more cap when we weedle things down to 53. Still, I'd like to see us looking for DBs and OL

2 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Not really big on getting McCoy at his age and I'd rather fill other positions of need.

We'll also have a lot more cap when we weedle things down to 53. Still, I'd like to see us looking for DBs and OL

I said cut Poe next year. See if KK can come back to form and if so we have him and McCoy. We save money next year. 

3 minutes ago, Turnip said:

At this point what other positions of need can be filled with players of McCoys caliber?

14 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

And, just like the car, best not to judge on looks alone.

Rolls Royce is owned by BMW and what's under the hood is pure Beamer. That "RR" on the grill is simply eye candy.

McCoy is 31 and the NFL average retirement age for D-linemen is.... 32-34.

So an average means that many are playing beyond that age or the average would be lower.  So it is  likely he has a number of years left.  Good news.

9 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Only the top 51 salaries count against the cap. So the process of roster reduction doesn't effect the cap number unless it involve cutting one of those players.

Archived