• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gerald McCoy visiting today!

Jeremy Igo

Just now, SetfreexX said:

See 4th down reception in PHI that led to comeback drive. Overpaid, arguably, useless, not at all. 

That narrative needs to stop, no one would be complaining if he wasn't costing 5m per, keep in mind Funchess got 10m guaranteed with incentives to hit 13m for one season, and he doesn't even have Torrey's track record of production. 

So even overpaid to some degree is a misrepresentation of his salary, by current standards it is very affordable. 

And his QB could not get him the ball deep for 2 reasons---OL and shoulder (later).  With a  better OL and shoulder, he could be a factor.  Rework his deal down to about $2-3m.

10 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Funny how Hurney got dogged for giving out big contracts and folks now say sign McCoy at all costs. Hurney 2.0 won't overspend and as a result McCoy might walk. You can't have it both ways. 

He gave out big contracts to players who had no business getting those type of contracts. Gerald isn’t one of those guys. He’s a great player.

Supposedly, Baltimore brass are discussing an offer.  McCoy was slated to go home to his family--now he is coming here.  Not sure at all, but  he could be leveraging us to force the Ravens offer.  That is what I would do in his situation--

3 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

don't know if all of you saw in another thread that Torrey tweeted "decisions decisions" a day or two ago....could be related.

interesting.  If you were a high profile athlete, why do that?  Maybe they offered him a reduced contract.  If I am his agent, I say
"That would be a big ole bowl of Nope.  Your offensive line sucked and your QB had no shoulder." 

14 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

interesting.  If you were a high profile athlete, why do that?  Maybe they offered him a reduced contract.  If I am his agent, I say
"That would be a big ole bowl of Nope.  Your offensive line sucked and your QB had no shoulder." 

I think it's just a wild attempt to attach meaning to an enigmatic tweet that couslve been referring to just about anything. Maybe he didn't know whether to go with the breakfast burrito or the fresh fruit with cottage cheese? They both looked really good.

I think his agent knows full and damn well that no one else is giving him anywhere near $5M and that there's not a dime of guaranteed money in that deal so he has no leverage. He'd likely tell his client to accept that pay cut or get ready to hit free agency where we're likely looking at a contract somewhere around veteran minimum and hopefully he can negotiate some performance or playing time based incentives.

28 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

and if I am the Panthers I say...

look bruh.  That may be true but that newb named Samuel averaged a TD every couple touches.  Another rookie was a highlight reel every time he touched the ball.  We gave you the looks earlier in the year when Cam's arm was at it's best......and got little. 

Archived