• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gerald McCoy visiting today!

Jeremy Igo

8 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That injury is traditionally a career killer. Hence the reason he is still unemployed. Low probability of him returning anywhere near the form he was before.

Medical knowledge have gotten better over the years.  I would take half of Berry's former self, but the contract would have to be half as well.

2 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Also, imagining..

KK - Poe - McCoy

Burns - Thompson - Kuechly - Irvin

Line up.. I don't care who would be FS, those guys up front would get pressure consistently. 

I still want a saftey. Its been to damn long having that crutch.

My gut tells me this is happening.  If Baltimore let him leave without a contract, big mistake and the Panthers will go all in on a two year deal.  Frankly, the Panthers will be in rebuild mode in two years anyway so go for it!!!

11 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I still want a saftey. Its been to damn long having that crutch.

And you'll get one, but you won't like who it is.  Panthers will bring in some vet role player and will hope someone on the team steps up and is starter material.  Reid was our big signing at safety and he was solid last year and that was basically going from his couch to starting in the  NFL and I think he'll be a much different player this year.   

13 minutes ago, jtm said:

My gut tells me this is happening.  If Baltimore let him leave without a contract, big mistake and the Panthers will go all in on a two year deal.  Frankly, the Panthers will be in rebuild mode in two years anyway so go for it!!!

Who do ypu think is getting released from that DL if the Panthers land McCoy?

Just now, Palmetto said:

No idea . . . maybe Butler or someone we don't care about?  I'll defer to some of the contract junkies we have on this site.  

It's rare for the Panthers to go after a big name like McCoy which tells me they have a plan to bring him on.  Plus, my guess is McCoy isn't happy about being let go from Tampa and would love to face them twice a year.

3 minutes ago, Palmetto said:

Cox or Efe? We have a surplus of DE/DTs.

Addison

Short

Poe

Butler

Love

Irvin

Burns

Cox

Obada

Haynes

Miller

Not to mention the other camp bodies.

6 minutes ago, Palmetto said:

Butler is definitely getting released. His legal troubles, combined with his lack of on field production (evidenced by being a healthy scratch at the end of last season) and not picking u his 5th year option already put him on the bubble to even make it through training camp.

Just now, hepcat said:

Butler is definitely getting released. His legal troubles, combined with his lack of on field production (evidenced by being a healthy scratch at the end of last season) and not picking u his 5th year option already put him on the bubble to even make it through training camp.

We don't have a lot of DTs. I think he stays but this is the last year.

Just now, stbugs said:

I wouldn’t be so sure unless for some crazy reason we are willing to spend $31m in cap on Short and Poe. I could see extending Butler as a backup. People need to stop thinking about him as a starter. Look at him as depth and rotation and at a backup’s salary. There’s only 22 “starters” on the 53.

I'm more worried about his attitude.

Archived