• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gerald McCoy visiting today!

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Lol. I’m assuming we don’t sign him at this point. I just wish we invested in 1 or 2 DT/3-4DE guys who were plentiful. If we can’t sign McCoy, we are almost locking ourselves into that with 2 earlier picks next year. We won’t get any comps so just normal slots. Poe and Short are way too expensive for their returns another year later and Butler and Love are FAs. We may have no choice (unless we can sign McCoy) but to use $31m in cap on Poe and Short. That’s not good.

McCoy plus how special this team could be may give guys insentive to restructure to keep the band together. If Hurney can land a free agent like McCoy that would go far in showing everyone there is a change in culture.

Jerry did a great job but he had his limitations. Tepper only cares about one thing and he was feeling very good last season when the team was 6-2, for good reason.

With the way this front office is running things maybe that winning culture can take hold every season, not just every other season.

Trying to be as unbiased as possible, I would easily put us over the Ravens in terms of having a better chance of winning this year. But it’s hard not to believe in the browns this year...especially to win that division...if he wants to win, I think he’s got 2 very attractive offers, without knowing the financials (which I know is probably most important)

Archived