• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gerald McCoy visiting today!

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

WFNZ just said  their source told them

1. Baltimore offered him a 2 year deal 

2. We offered him a 1 year deal, but a big chunk of $$

Apparently  he's told teams he wants to sign in time to start mini camp.  (Cleveland and Baltimore start their Mini camp tomorrow FWIW)

Actually, I think Baltimore starts the same day as us.

44 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

because thats the most dominant complete interior Dline in the NFL and that would be worth the money considering our Speed rush, fast LBs, and 3 of 4 qqproven DBs

thats #1 defense material. and if Cams arm us back, with that Oline, weapons, and OC... dude we are fugin contenders like a bitch

I’m not going to go to the the extreme but that D line and defense itself how I feel and based off your description could be lead by a rookie QB just being decent get the ball to the weapons and watch the chains move. Hand it off watch the chains move, throw a bad pick the defense gets a quick three and out and back to work we go. This is how I see us setting up with a signing like Gerald. Even in a 4-3 defense since we’ll be doing both of course can you imagine giving Luke those two in front of him with burns and Addy crashing off the ends that’s a meet at the quarterback type of party often. This a the perfect addition to offset our rivals 28-3 drafted O-line Aints drafted McCoy time to attack both teams rookies in a major way

27 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

Ian Rapoport Retweeted Joe Person

Three teams still waiting on Gerald McCoy after radio silence all weekend...

Ian Rapoport added,

2iFPS5LOdn6l_T6C.jpg
0:26
Joe PersonVerified account @josephperson
Ron Rivera says he thinks Panthers have a very good chance w/ Gerald McCoy...But concedes the other two teams involved would probably say the same thing.
0 replies2 retweets3 likes

Retweet

Direct message

FDDA69F9-EE7B-4661-B25E-EF8A9156A4DD.gif

1 hour ago, Pup McBarky said:

Nobody's mentioning Cam's health. If you don't believe Cam's shoulder is a factor in McCoy's signing, you don't understand this at all. And they may have offered McCoy a one-year deal and rationalized it by telling him, "That way, if Cam's shoulder falls apart mid-season, you're not tied to us next year."

Whether the health of other players can actually be written into contracts, I don't know. But this may be a reason we offered a one-year deal...to protect us and frame it as protection for McCoy. McCoy wants to play in the playoffs. He knows what we are without Cam.

After playing with walking INT and sexual assault machine, Jameis Winston, I would imagine a guy like him is used to compartmentalizing his responsibilities separate from things out of his control.

His other options are Baker Mayfield and Lamar Jackson - both second-year QBs who could hit big-time sophomore slumps now that the league has had a year to study them.  I think both of those situations are more scary than the prospects of Cam's health.

20 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

After playing with walking INT and sexual assault machine, Jameis Winston, I would imagine a guy like him is used to compartmentalizing his responsibilities separate from things out of his control.

His other options are Baker Mayfield and Lamar Jackson - both second-year QBs who could hit big-time sophomore slumps now that the league has had a year to study them.  I think both of those situations are more scary than the prospects of Cam's health.

My response was not about whether we'd be more attractive. It's about why we might offer him a one-year deal. 

Archived