• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gerald McCoy visiting today!

Jeremy Igo

We also have to keep in mind that while it’s likely, there is no guarantee he will be good in a 3-4.  A 1 year deal keeps us safe. 

Hurney’s smart restraint in dealing contracts nowadays has been good to watch

2 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Yeah but I don't think he has been offered that much. Why would we pay KK almost 18 mil, Poe around 10 mil and McCoy 14 mil. There is no way we offered that, I think the agent is throwing all these numbers out to get the other teams to give more but it won't happen.

Why not though?  We have the money and DL is definitely worth that.  

3 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Yeah but I don't think he has been offered that much. Why would we pay KK almost 18 mil, Poe around 10 mil and McCoy 14 mil. There is no way we offered that, I think the agent is throwing all these numbers out to get the other teams to give more but it won't happen.

1 year vs multi year deal

6 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

because thats the most dominant complete interior Dline in the NFL and that would be worth the money considering our Speed rush, fast LBs, and 3 of 4 proven DBs

thats #1 defense material. and if Cams arm us back, with that Oline, weapons, and OC... dude we are fugin contenders like a bitch

8 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

He missed a couple of games last year so his stats were a little down.  Not a steep drop off, mind you.  Also, he just turned 31.  This would be a contract offer after another 3-4 years and steadily declining play.

Look, I'm all for him coming here, but I personally think unless the cash offer was ridiculously high, a one-year deal equates to an insult.

He only missed 2 games

The games he did play there was a drop off from the other seasons

Your giving this dude way too much credit. 

A 31 year old guy coming off one of his worst seasons isnt going to get a huge deal

They couldnt find a trade partner for him because no one wanted that contract at his age and play. 

His contract still had 3 seasons at 13 mil this year and just under per the remaining 2.  If teams were scared of that no way are they giving him 2 years 24 mil

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

But why even bother to jump into the fray when the 'restraint' means your offer is, in all probability, the worst of the three on the table?

Is a 1 year 14 million dollar offer really that much worse than a 2 year 18-19 million dollar offer?

Just now, ncfan said:

He only missed 2 games

The games he did play there was a drop off from the other seasons

Your giving this dude way too much credit. 

A 31 year old guy coming off one of his worst seasons isnt going to get a huge deal

They couldnt find a trade partner for him because no one wanted that contract at his age and play. 

His contract still had 3 seasons at 13 mil this year and just under per the remaining 2.  If teams were scared of that no way are they giving him 2 years 24 mil

Nobody wanted him because they knew Tampa's hands were tied and that if they held tight, the Bucs would have to release him and his hefty contract.

Archived