• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gerald McCoy visiting today!

Jeremy Igo

Dude is too good and I'm assuming too prideful to stoop to a one-year "prove-it deal".  Those are deals for lower tier FAs, players coming off significant injuries or much older Pro Bowl players trying to show they have gas left in their tanks.  McCoy is none of these.

Yeah, if that's what he was offered, I doubt he comes here.

2 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

We'll have some cap space to do it, though.  We had a ton of holes to fill this off season, with almost no cap space.  And for what its worth, did well imo.

I'd agree. Hurney did a good job this offseason

Too much speculation. The difference between a one year and two year deal depending on how they work guarantees isn't that big. I doubt we are that cash strapped that we would let him walk away over an extra year. Not with the effort we've already made to get to this point.

25 minutes ago, ncfan said:

WFNZ just said  their source told them

1. Baltimore offered him a 2 year deal 

2. We offered him a 1 year deal, but a big chunk of $$

Apparently  he's told teams he wants to sign in time to start mini camp.  (Cleveland and Baltimore start their Mini camp tomorrow FWIW)

Not saying I totally believe this is true, but I highly doubt he takes a 1 year deal at his age.  I really want this to happen and I’m sure he is considering a lot of factors but 2 or even 3 years probably gets him here if that number is around 10 per.

5 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

Maybe it was a one year deal... as in.. look.. we dont have the money this year, but if you like our time, we will offer an aggressive offer later

We have the money this year, that's not the issue.  Even if it were, the deal could be back-loaded.

8 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Dude is too good and I'm assuming too prideful to stoop to a one-year "prove-it deal".  Those are deals for lower tier FAs, players coming off significant injuries or much older Pro Bowl players trying to show they have gas left in their tanks.  McCoy is none of these.

Yeah, if that's what he was offered, I doubt he comes here.

Dude is older

Coming off his worst season in awhile

Like the wfnz cohost said 

Would you take a 1 year 14 mil and bet on yourself for a bounce back season for a big deal 

Or take the 2 year 18-19 mil which is probably what is being brought to the table by those other guys

He missed a couple of games last year so his stats were a little down.  Not a steep drop off, mind you.  Also, he just turned 31.  This would be a contract offer after another 3-4 years and steadily declining play.

Look, I'm all for him coming here, but I personally think unless the cash offer was ridiculously high, a one-year deal equates to an insult.

1 minute ago, uncfan888 said:

If we give him that much for one season then hurney truly is going all in on a super bowl this season. Makes me nervous

Yeah but I don't think he has been offered that much. Why would we pay KK almost 18 mil, Poe around 10 mil and McCoy 14 mil. There is no way we offered that, I think the agent is throwing all these numbers out to get the other teams to give more but it won't happen.

2 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

If we give him that much for one season then hurney truly is going all in on a super bowl this season. Makes me nervous

Guys like Cam and Olsen not getting younger

Whole staff on the hotseat

Do you expect anything different?

Archived