• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gerald McCoy visiting today!

Jeremy Igo

Hopefully we make it happen. The Dline needs our attitude back— probably the biggest thing Star took with him— people never get a guys x-factor with pushing people around them— analytics don’t understand it—— it’s why you can have 90+ passer ratings and still lose most of your games(Kurt Cousins).

hopefully McCoy brings an attitude back.

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

It’s not that high relatively, but it’s high for us as we stand right now. Even if we cut Butler and Torrey. Plus player value. 

Well that would be pretty high because cutting Torrey and Butler, with what we have now and with what is coming available from Kalil is actually a pretty substantial amount of money. What you are saying is he wants Aaron Donald money??

56 minutes ago, ncfan said:

I do like Smith as a locker room presence with these young WR.  But no way shoupd take the field.  I wouldnt be so quick to cut him

UNLESS a Stud Starter calibre impact player comes around.  And thats a McCoy.  Id tell Smith, look this is about the team and improving it.   Unless he is willing to take a pay cut to grab McCoy, we will be parting ways and thanks for your short time here

We don't need a token veteran WR locker room presence. Jarius Wright and Chris Hogan are also on the roster.

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well that would be pretty high because cutting Torrey and Butler, with what we have now and with what is coming available from Kalil is actually a pretty substantial amount of money. What you are saying is he wants Aaron Donald money??

Khalil money is going elsewhere, so it’s now between those two.

Far be it for me to derail the hype train here . . . but the guy is a 31 year old career 4-3 DT.  If we were still a 4-3 base, I might be more excited.

Maybe he can make the switch, he's been a productive player for sure.  I'm just not sure he's the guy.  Yes, Poe was underwhelming last year.  Maybe he'll be better at NT this year?  Maybe McCoy can play NT?  Can Short play NT?  That NT position is so crucial in the 3-4, if we get that wrong it's going to hurt us immensely.

I dunno, I'm just concerned that we might be better served with someone younger who has played 3-4 DL.  I'd hate to see us with another Poe contract for a guy who may or may not fit the system we are moving to.

14 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Lol so we the lowest that's why he visited us last. So we must want to offer him 8 mil a year?

If I had to guess we're somewhere in the 2 years 19 million range.

1 minute ago, steven8989 said:

Eric Berry is done man. He won't be playing anymore.

We don't know that, but I don't expect him to sign with a team until around training camp or something like that.  He's going to be a late signing for sure, which I'm hoping perhaps that means he will sign a one year deal that doesn't cost much.

6 minutes ago, Matthias said:

Is there a way for us to sign both Gerald McCoy and Eric Berry?

That injury is traditionally a career killer. Hence the reason he is still unemployed. Low probability of him returning anywhere near the form he was before.

Archived