• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gerald McCoy visiting today!

Jeremy Igo

The only real advantage that Cleveland has over us is that they have more salary cap space. I suppose the unknowns related to Cam's shoulder is also a slight disadvantage for the Panthers. I guess it is also fair to say that Cleveland has been the flavor of the month this offseason.

Potential advantages for the Panthers: familiarity, weather, more salary cap space than the Ravens and plenty of space to get a competitive deal done, standard and cost of living in Charlotte, Charlotte's relative closeness to Tampa,  and I get the feeling that he has already established relationships with some Panthers' players and coaching staff.

2 minutes ago, FakePlasticTrees said:

The only real advantage that Cleveland has over us is that they have more salary cap space. I suppose the unknowns related to Cam's shoulder is also a slight disadvantage for the Panthers. I guess it is also fair to say that Cleveland has been the flavor of the month this offseason.

Potential advantages for the Panthers: familiarity, weather, more salary cap space than the Ravens and plenty of space to get a competitive deal done, standard and cost of living in Charlotte, Charlotte's relative closeness to Tampa,  and I get the feeling that he has already established relationships with some Panthers' players and coaching staff.

I'm not really concerned about the cap space.. Suh got a little over 9 million from TB so Mccoy should be there or a little below. We got that space

10 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

I'm not really concerned about the cap space.. Suh got a little over 9 million from TB so Mccoy should be there or a little below. We got that space

Under the circumstances of how McCoy left Tampa (pushed out more like it) you would have to think he's darn well expecting more than the guy who replaced him.  I'm not talking like $4+ million more, but definitely more.

7 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Under the circumstances of how McCoy left Tampa (pushed out more like it) you would have to think he's darn well expecting more than the guy who replaced him.  I'm not talking like $4+ million more, but definitely more.

Then I hope he doesn't get it here. Cuz he's not better than Suh. And that's crazy to pay him like he is 

2 hours ago, The Lobo said:

That’s fair, I was just looking at Cleveland and our rosters being better than Baltimore’s. I know they made playoffs last year, but they’ve lost a lot of key defensive players.

The other thing is that his line coach in Tampa is now in Baltimore so he might go to someone he likes already. That is why Oher came here. I wonder if he liked Eric Washington enough to play for him.

6 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

The other thing is that his line coach in Tampa is now in Baltimore so he might go to someone he likes already. That is why Oher came here. I wonder if he liked Eric Washington enough to play for him.

Sheesh, if he saw that rush 1 play against Pitt he may run away. 

36 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Then I hope he doesn't get it here. Cuz he's not better than Suh. And that's crazy to pay him like he is 

If he’s the difference, between us being a Super Bowl legitimate contender and putting us over the top, then sure he’s worth it.

It would be stubborn to not sign , maybe the missing piece , because of what someone else gets paid on another team.

Cams window, Luke’s Windows, won’t stay open forever. 

Archived