• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gerald McCoy visiting today!

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

It was known before the visit that he wouldn't sign with the Panthers today. His agent put out word that he was gonna take the weekend to decide days ago. 

Aka waiting for the biggest offer.

I'm optimistic that so far it looks like we're the only other NFC South team he's had serious talks with. The Panthers know McCoy, they know exactly what they're getting having had to game plan for him twice a season. Him seemingly considering the Panthers over the vile classless Aints and the filthy birds is a sign of respect division wise. Whatever the outcome. Respect due.

Several reports had the Bengals as a serious suitors too, but he stopped visits after the Panthers.  I'm not sure if he took our visit as a serious consideration or to make Cleveland and Baltimore sweat more to sweeten his contract.   

If i was a betting, 

He's mulling over us and Baltimore.

Ravens have Earl Thomas working on him and was there Haloti Ngata's retirement and had him recruiting him

He can go against his former team here.  Play along with some other studs in the front 7.  Still get paid (we just opened up cap)  playing under one of the better DL coaches and HC who will be calling the plays known as one of the better defensive minds.  Will be closer to his family here.  Also on record as being a fan of Cam

5 minutes ago, ncfan said:

If i was a betting, 

He's mulling over us and Baltimore.

Ravens have Earl Thomas working on him and was there Haloti Ngata's retirement and had him recruiting him

He can go against his former team here.  Play along with some other studs in the front 7.  Still get paid (we just opened up cap)  playing under one of the better DL coaches and HC who will be calling the plays known as one of the better defensive minds.  Will be closer to his family here.  Also on record as being a fan of Cam

Here would make the most logistical sense, but you know the old saying: money talks. I have no delusions that we will  the highest bidder.  That will be Cleveland.   So as long as he not solely chasing money I agree it's us and Baltimore.  If we are super close to the Baltimore deal, I would give the Panthers the edge.  

14 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Here would make the most logistical sense, but you know the old saying: money talks. I have no delusions that we will  the highest bidder.  That will be Cleveland.   So as long as he not solely chasing money I agree it's us and Baltimore.  If we are super close to the Baltimore deal, I would give the Panthers the edge.  

The thing is

Just because a team has that mich more $$ doesnt mean they are going to throw him 13-15 mil jist becaus they can.  They will still give what they think the market will be.

Just because we may offer around 10, doesnt mean Baltimore and Cleveland will just throw 14 out for him.  theyll throw around the 10 mark as well because thats what the league see's his market price.  Look at Suh for example 

Archived