• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gerald McCoy visiting today!

Jeremy Igo

Also outside of my top 4 the rest are interchangeable. The cinematography for BB is obviously better than X-Files or the West Wing. But I've always been more forgiving of cosmetics over revolutionary storytelling and concepts.

1. The Walking Dead ( Even though last few seasons have been MEH)

2. Forged in Fire

3. Whos line is it anyway

4. The Last Ship ( Only watched first season)

5. The Ranch

6. The Pacific

7. Shamless (US) Didn't like last few seasons

8. McGyver

9. Top Shot

10. Street Outlaws/Gas Monkey Garage

3 minutes ago, Dex said:

The Expanse has me hooked. The production level and world building is off the fuging charts. I can't believe this was a SyFy show. Thomas Jane's character is fuging awesome but I'm not a big fan of the male lead just yet. I'm a big cyberpunk/sci-fi fan and love Altered Carbon as well.

Yeah, that's purely my opinion. I appreciate it for what it was (an incredible show) but I never really got into it. Also I hated Skyler which I suppose is a testament to the actress's incredible performance. Maybe I should do a re watch. I only watched it the one time through. I haven't seen Better Call Saul and probably won't because like I said nothing about the universe really interested me. There was no big picture or theme (outside of shitty health care and infidelity in America) and it was the TV version of a summer blockbuster.

Dude, I felt the exact same way about Holden, but the dude really grows on you in season 3. Keep it up, Season 3 is a mastapiece. 

BB is great the second time around because you pick up things you missed the first time around. I hated Skylar too, always felt she was a raging B, but reading more about the show, I have to question my initial perspective on the whole thing. Walt is the protagonist through and through for the show and it tricks you into rooting for him from start to finish. Even as the show goes on and he keeps doing more and more messed up stuff, you are still pulling for him even after he's murdered, poisoned, and stepped over everyone on his way to the top. If you look at it from Skylar's perspective, Her husband was dying from cancer, then beat it and found out he had become a drug kingpin and was hiding a small fortune from her while putting her and their children's lives at risk. That's a lot to process and when someone pointed that out to me, I had a whole new understanding and respect for how the show was written, specifically Walt and Sklar. Walt was the protagonist, but a bad guy. Skylar was kind of a B, but it was well deserved and completely believable given the circumstances. A great show with so many different layers, and Better Call Saul does the same thing. 

1 minute ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Dude, I felt the exact same way about Holden, but the dude really grows on you in season 3. Keep it up, Season 3 is a mastapiece. 

BB is great the second time around because you pick up things you missed the first time around. I hated Skylar too, always felt she was a raging B, but reading more about the show, I have to question my initial perspective on the whole thing. Walt is the protagonist through and through for the show and it tricks you into rooting for him from start to finish. Even as the show goes on and he keeps doing more and more messed up stuff, you are still pulling for him even after he's murdered, poisoned, and stepped over everyone on his way to the top. If you look at it from Skylar's perspective, Her husband was dying from cancer, then beat it and found out he had become a drug kingpin and was hiding a small fortune from her while putting her and their children's lives at risk. That's a lot to process and when someone pointed that out to me, I had a whole new understanding and respect for how the show was written, specifically Walt and Sklar. Walt was the protagonist, but a bad guy. Skylar was kind of a B, but it was well deserved and completely believable given the circumstances. A great show with so many different layers, and Better Call Saul does the same thing. 

I hear ya regarding the perspective and rooting for the abhorrent protagonist even though he's a bad guy. With the disapproving wife who drifts further and further away. But it's nothing new. Executed very well? No doubt. But The Sopranos did it first. 

I'll definitely consider a re-watch though.

24 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Dude, keep up the expanse, I have a feeling you'll be giving it a 9 by the end. It's absolutely fantastic.

And I guess to each their own about BB. I didn't think it spiraled at all, felt it was great start to finish. Not sure how you can't say the Office did exactly what you said BB did. Spiraled into a bad spot, specifically when Carrell left. The episodes with Will ferrell were just not good, but I personally really liked Robert California more than most people and felt James Spader was a great addition to the cast. Also that terrible storylines in the last season with Pam and the camera guy and Andy's decent into a terrible person were pure character assassinations. Finale was a mastapiece though. 

Have you seen Better Call Saul yet? It's, in my opnion, a slight step below BB but not by much. People don't give it enough credit because they are expecting it to be at BB level right off the bat, but like any show it has to build up it's characters. It's like getting into a new relationship with a girl after you just broke up from a long term relationship. You can't enter it expecting to be able to start off chilling in on Saturdays watching Netflix and just enjoying each other's company, you need to put in the work like you did with the last one.

Better Call Saul is AMAZING.  It surprises me how many people who watched BB haven't seen BCS. 

I can't call BCS better than BB because it's just a hard comparison because they accomplish different things, but I will argue Better Call Saul actually has a stronger and more diverse set of characters.  Saul/Jimmy, his brother who's name I'm forgetting, Kim, MIKE (if you liked Mike in BB, you will LOVE him in BCS), Nacho, Howard, Gus, etc.  The show is so well-written, the dialogue is top-notch, the acting is phenomenal, the story is great.  Breaking Bad was amazing but it is a show that, at the end of the day, revolved around Walt and to a lesser extent Jesse.  Which isn't a problem obviously, but what I most love about BCS and what makes it different (and in some ways, better) is that they can put the focus on so many characters and it always feels great.  You could go from a Jimmy centric-episode to one focusing on Mike to one focusing on Kim (especially in the recent seasons), and it never takes a step back in quality.

I'm sad the new season doesn't come out until 2020 apparently, but no doubt it will be amazing.  I highly recommend anyone watch this show, even if you didn't watch or didn't like Breaking Bad.

4 minutes ago, Dex said:

I hear ya regarding the perspective and rooting for the abhorrent protagonist even though he's a bad guy. With the disapproving wife who drifts further and further away. But it's nothing new. Executed very well? No doubt. But The Sopranos did it first. 

I'll definitely consider a re-watch though.

I'd also recommend Justified to anyone still reading this thread. Great from start to finish with no real weak point and one of the best intimidation lines ever uttered at a bad guy in TV history. 

I also feel like Scrubs doesn't get enough credit these days. It was a really great show. 

2 minutes ago, Mage said:

Better Call Saul is AMAZING.  It surprises me how many people who watched BB haven't seen BCS. 

I can't call BCS better than BB because it's just a hard comparison because they accomplish different things, but I will argue Better Call Saul actually has a stronger and more diverse set of characters.  Saul/Jimmy, his brother who's name I'm forgetting, Kim, MIKE (if you liked Mike in BB, you will LOVE him in BCS), Nacho, Howard, Gus, etc.  The show is so well-written, the dialogue is top-notch, the acting is phenomenal, the story is great.  Breaking Bad was amazing but it is a show that, at the end of the day, revolved around Walt and to a lesser extent Jesse.  Which isn't a problem obviously, but what I most love about BCS and what makes it different (and in some ways, better) is that they can put the focus on so many characters and it always feels great.  You could go from a Jimmy centric-episode to one focusing on Mike to one focusing on Kim (especially in the recent seasons), and it never takes a step back in quality.

I'm sad the new season doesn't come out until 2020 apparently, but no doubt it will be amazing.  I highly recommend anyone watch this show, even if you didn't watch or didn't like Breaking Bad.

Damn, didn't know I had to wait for 2020 to watch it. I just finished all the available episodes back in February. Is that season going to be the last or are they going to keep going?

19 minutes ago, Dex said:

Yeah, that's purely my opinion. I appreciate it for what it was (an incredible show) but I never really got into it. Also I hated Skyler which I suppose is a testament to the actress's incredible performance. Maybe I should do a re watch. I only watched it the one time through. I haven't seen Better Call Saul and probably won't because like I said nothing about the universe really interested me. There was no big picture or theme (outside of shitty health care and infidelity in America) and it was the TV version of a summer blockbuster.

Man I gotta say, I think if you gave it a shot you might think differently.  Maybe you won't but I highly recommend at least giving it a try.  

The thing with Better Call Saul is, it isn't just a Breaking Bad prequel.  Like, you definitely appreciate the show more if you saw Breaking Bad, but it is its own show.  And there is a definite theme to the show - Mike's story in particular is one of my favorites of any character on TV right now.  

Plus, the show is funny as hell.  It helps give the show a lot of character instead of always being dark.

And just like Breaking Bad, the direction is amazing.  The montages, the opening flashback scenes... all freakin' tremendous.

11 minutes ago, mcsmoak said:

Honestly if he’s smart he’ll take it to at least Sunday, if not next week.  It’ll turn into a bidding war at that point, which is good for him.  Bad for us obviously.

I believe the chance we have to land him is that he wants to play here. Not being the highest bidder. 

2 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Damn, didn't know I had to wait for 2020 to watch it. I just finished all the available episodes back in February. Is that season going to be the last or are they going to keep going?

IIRC one of the actors said there would be 2 more seasons which makes sense.  The ending of the last season was a huge moment, so I bet things are about to start going crazy.

Archived