• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gerald McCoy visiting today!

Jeremy Igo

Panthers investing in the front four shows that they're for real 7.5 games be damned. This is the first offseason ever where I can say as a day one fan that they have absolutely done everything they could do to WIN. All respect due to Mr Richardson but THIS IS GLORIOUS! Even if McCoy doesn't sign this culture change is a very long awaited breath of fresh air.

59 minutes ago, Dex said:

1. The Wire
2. Band of Brothers (Mini Series)
3. True Detective Season 1
4. The Office (US Version)
5. The Sopranos
6. The West Wing
7. Sherlock
8. Game of Thrones
9. The X-Files
10. Breaking Bad

Forgot about Band of Brothers. 

That's like 1c for me. A masterpiece of a miniseries. 

And I can't in good conscience put 1 season of a show on an all time great TV show list, it's just not fair. If that's the case Walking Dead season 1 would be on it too and the rest of the show is hot garbage. 

You have BB way too far down on your list in my opinion. The character development, acting, and cinematography are all better than West wing, Sherlock, and the Sopranos, and aren't bogged down by bad/terrible seasons like X-Files, True Detective, The office, and GOT. Start to finish, Breaking Bad and The Wire are in a league of their own due to their consistency from start to finish. 

Also, check out the Expanse, season 3 is some of the best TV ever. 

5 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

How about y'all take that discussion to tv series forum!

That reminds me, NFL seasons 84 and 96 were probably the best seasons They've ever had on TV. 

Shame the endings were so terrible those seasons. Otherwise they would have been a masterpiece. 

5 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Forgot about Band of Brothers. 

That's like 1c for me. A masterpiece of a miniseries. 

And I can't in good conscience put 1 season of a show on an all time great TV show list, it's just not fair. If that's the case Walking Dead season 1 would be on it too and the rest of the show is hot garbage. 

You have BB way too far down on your list in my opinion. The character development, acting, and cinematography are all better than West wing, Sherlock, and the Sopranos, and aren't bogged down by bad/terrible seasons like X-Files, True Detective, The office, and GOT. Start to finish, Breaking Bad and The Wire are in a league of their own due to their consistency from start to finish. 

Also, check out the Expanse, season 3 is some of the best TV ever. 

The Expanse is great. Just started season 2.

True Detective is an anthology series. It can stand on it's own because there's nothing else to judge it on. New characters and new story.

BB gets wayyyy too much credit. Half of the reason it cracks my top 10 is solely based on Cranston's transcendent performance. I've met several directors of BB and the lead editor at a NYC editing seminar and have great respect for what they accomplished. But the show starting off incredible and spiraled into a fantastical poo show that was saved due to a satisfying ending. It was America's sweetheart so it gets a lot of hype and it's still in my top 10 even though it fell off toward the end.

Only 4 shows have ever gotten a 9 from me. The Wire, Band of Brothers, True Detective Season 1 & The Office. The rest in the top 10 are 8.5. I'm not sure we'll ever see a 9.5 or above.

8 minutes ago, Dex said:

The Expanse is great. Just started season 2.

True Detective is an anthology series. It can stand on it's own because there's nothing else to judge it on. New characters and new story.

BB gets wayyyy too much credit. Half of the reason it cracks my top 10 is solely based on Cranston's transcendent performance. I've met several directors of BB and the lead editor at a NYC editing seminar and have great respect for what they accomplished. But the show starting off incredible and spiraled into a fantastical poo show that was saved due to a satisfying ending. It was America's sweetheart so it gets a lot of hype and it's still in my top 10 even though it fell off toward the end.

Only 4 shows have ever gotten a 9 from me. The Wire, Band of Brothers, True Detective Season 1 & The Office. The rest in the top 10 are 8.5. I'm not sure we'll ever see a 9.5 or above.

Dude, keep up the expanse, I have a feeling you'll be giving it a 9 by the end. It's absolutely fantastic.

And I guess to each their own about BB. I didn't think it spiraled at all, felt it was great start to finish. Not sure how you can't say the Office did exactly what you said BB did. Spiraled into a bad spot, specifically when Carrell left. The episodes with Will ferrell were just not good, but I personally really liked Robert California more than most people and felt James Spader was a great addition to the cast. Also that terrible storylines in the last season with Pam and the camera guy and Andy's decent into a terrible person were pure character assassinations. Finale was a mastapiece though. 

Have you seen Better Call Saul yet? It's, in my opnion, a slight step below BB but not by much. People don't give it enough credit because they are expecting it to be at BB level right off the bat, but like any show it has to build up it's characters. It's like getting into a new relationship with a girl after you just broke up from a long term relationship. You can't enter it expecting to be able to start off chilling in on Saturdays watching Netflix and just enjoying each other's company, you need to put in the work like you did with the last one.

1 minute ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Dude, keep up the expanse, I have a feeling you'll be giving it a 9 by the end. It's absolutely fantastic.

And I guess to each their own about BB. I didn't think it spiraled at all, felt it was great start to finish. Have you seen Better Call Saul yet? It's, in my opnion, a slight step below BB but not by much. People don't give it enough credit because they are expecting it to be at BB level right off the bat, but like any show it has to build up it's characters. It's like getting into a new relationship with a girl after you just broke up from a long term relationship. You can't enter it expecting to be able to start off chilling in on Saturdays watching Netflix and just enjoying each other's company, you need to put in the work like you did with the last one.

The Expanse has me hooked. The production level and world building is off the fuging charts. I can't believe this was a SyFy show. Thomas Jane's character is fuging awesome but I'm not a big fan of the male lead just yet. I'm a big cyberpunk/sci-fi fan and love Altered Carbon as well.

Yeah, that's purely my opinion. I appreciate it for what it was (an incredible show) but I never really got into it. Also I hated Skyler which I suppose is a testament to the actress's incredible performance. Maybe I should do a re watch. I only watched it the one time through. I haven't seen Better Call Saul and probably won't because like I said nothing about the universe really interested me. There was no big picture or theme (outside of shitty health care and infidelity in America) and it was the TV version of a summer blockbuster.

Archived