• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gerald McCoy visiting today!

Jeremy Igo

TBH, with all of my criticism of Rivera, I have to say, having followed McCoy since college, I think he and Rivera are kindred spirits and that will work in our favor.  My criticisms of Rivera have revolved around his coaching, but I've always maintained that I believe he us an outstanding human being and high-character individual, and from everything I know of McCoy, he is the same.

This would he a huge steal for us at this point, if we can pull it off.  The fact that we even have him in for a visit is exciting.

I think one of the selling points is that he will be next to KK and Poe.  They will be plenty of opportunity for production for all.  If he is looking at HOF he can keep that production at a high level joining this group.  Not getting as many double teams should interest him at this age.  

The other thing that could be crucial is this signing would take some pressure off Cam coming of another surgery.  With a top ten defense he can just manage the game at some point and not be Superman every game. 

Man this would be huge. 

Just read about only reason McCoy is visiting is to get Browns and Ravens to go into bidding war. So far compensation was not more than what Suh received near 10 mil. So why bring a guy in if we really probably have no chance at signing him?

7 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Just read about only reason McCoy is visiting is to get Browns and Ravens to go into bidding war. So far compensation was not more than what Suh received near 10 mil. So why bring a guy in if we really probably have no chance at signing him?

Take a break from the internet. If we sign him, great. If we don't, so be it. Anyone can put poo on the net like that about bidding wars 

9 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Because, obviously, playing for the Panthers would be a lot better than playing for the Browns (too many egos waiting to explode) or the Ravens (a team in transition.)

We're likely going to pay him for more than one year, so that is a bonus too.

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

it would have been helpful if TD had retired and taken a role with the team, or was still here.

He and McCoy are good friends. 

Hopefully they've talked and TD put in a good word for us. I don't think he was too bitter or anything like that.

27 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Well, if the other teams have only been offering 10 mil, what happens when we come in and offer 12-13?

Archived