• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gerald McCoy visiting today!

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Torrey took a pay cut. They are moving money around while McCoy is in town. Interesting

There are obviously still limits to what can be done given the salary cap, but I feel at ease with the fact Tepper will do anything and everything to win (i.e. he's not trying to pocket money off the team by not spending every ounce of salary cap he can).  

Rivera is not a perfect coach, but people around the league including players know Rivera is a great defensive mind.  I feel confident Rivera will be a good job detailing to McCoy what his role will be in this defense and how he can excel in it.  McCoy still has time to play at an all-Pro level and add to an already good resume

4 minutes ago, jayflip said:

I poo on Torrey a bunch but damn it he really is a team player. 

Well that... and I don't want to underplay it, but he didn't have a lot of leverage either.

No one else was probably going to pay him $5M, but there were probably other teams that would pay him $2M, so he obviously did want to be here.

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

Come on McCoy. You need a ring and some revenge.

Exactly... and while Rivera and Shula got outcoached in the SB, they certainly did make Arians their *itch in the NFC Championship

McCoy is a good locker room guy in addition to being a great player.

Rivera has got to be getting a chub just like the rest of us thinking about KK-Poe-McCoy as a 3 man front with Irvin-Kuechly-Shaq-Addison as our LBs with Burns also. 

Went from a major question mark to a potentially bada$$ group after FA and the draft.

You give Rivera those pieces to work with in the Front 7, and I think he can craft a top 10 defense

Archived