• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gerald McCoy visiting today!

Jeremy Igo

I want McCoy to sign here for a multitude of reasons, but one maybe underrated reason is that hopefully the competition will light a fire under KK and Poe.  They definitely skated by last year.  

They did look better like the rest of the defense once Rivera started calling plays, and the outside rush was inconsistent, but it is inarguable that they underperformed.

Hopefully having someone with a better resume than him will get KK back in gear.  A couple of years ago he was up there with Aaron Donald and Fletcher Cox.  Last year he got outplayed by Kyle Love.

The new additions on defense along with scheme change will help, but the difference in our defense being average to being great depends a lot on KK and Poe earning their checks.

4 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

I just worry that the reason we won't get him is Torrey Smith or something's salary and we don't trim that.

I swear if we miss out on McCoy because Ron wanted to keep Torrey at his current salary......

6 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

I just worry that the reason we won't get him is Torrey Smith or something's salary and we don't trim that.

That would the worst excuse I have ever heard to not improve a pass rush that was non existent last season for a WR that was almost non existent last season.

14 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Your timing is good... Just announced Torrey took a $2M pay cut... good move regardless but hope this means McCoy is signing

Archived