• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers color analyst Jake Delhomme?

Jeremy Igo

15 hours ago, hepcat said:

My only question is, what percentage of what he says are we going to be able to understand? When Jake gets excited he starts speaking really fast in a Cajun accent that is nearly impossible for a layman to decipher. I await his first game with great anticipation.

I KNOW!   entertaining radio is entertaining radio. 

Plus, it's Jake. We'll figure it out

15 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

I get all my broadcasts in Spanish. Or whomever fox sticks in the booth. I wish I could listen to Jake this season. There's a way to listen online, right?

The NFL has weird rules about the radio broadcasts and online streaming. Some stations have contracts that allow them to stream whatever/wherever. Other stations have contracts that only allow streaming of the game within a specific geographic area.  Some only allow streaming from the desktop and not over mobile devices. 

Example: I've had success streaming WBT through the Panthers app, but not through the WBT app/site. And sometimes the other way where the Panthers app won't stream but the WBT app will.

I understand why picking up the video stream could be wonky (Verizon has had a lock on the NFL mobile video), but I don't see the harm in letting the radio broadcasts roam free.... especially as streaming will never be real-time (it's going to be anywhere from 30-60+ seconds behind live, which makes listening to the stream while watching the game at the bar a bit annoying)

I love the idea. I've really, truly missed Jake's sincere ebullience for about a decade now. Totally agree him and Smitty in the booth for 1 game would be must-see TV.

That said, my all-time, dream scenario for a Panthers color commentator, or even network analyst would be Ryan Kalil. That man has so much god-damned charisma and charm, and with the football knowledge to back it up, he was made to be a TV personality.

On 5/29/2019 at 5:44 PM, hepcat said:

My only question is, what percentage of what he says are we going to be able to understand? When Jake gets excited he starts speaking really fast in a Cajun accent that is nearly impossible for a layman to decipher. I await his first game with great anticipation.

It was said that not everyone in the huddle understood him. We may need a translator but I'll take it.  happy i like it GIF

Now, about Mixon ..................

Archived