• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers OTA's - Thoughts and Musings

Jeremy Igo

There are going to be some spots on the roster where the guy is a project. Unfortunately Ron has neglects FS every year. 

The real concern is pressuring the QB. Reid, Bradberry and Jackson are a better group of players than most teams have. I don’t think adding a big name player is going to suddenly make them that much better if we don’t make sure we can get to the QB first and foremost.

6 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

There are going to be some spots on the roster where the guy is a project. Unfortunately Ron has neglects FS every year. 

The real concern is pressuring the QB. Reid, Bradberry and Jackson are a better group of players than most teams have. I don’t think adding a big name player is going to suddenly make them that much better if we don’t make sure we can get to the QB first and foremost.

Agreed that you can't have a household name at every starting spot on the roster, but at minimum a veteran with a decent track record if the team deems safety unworthy to invest a first or second round selection there.  As I have stated before, even though Gaulden was selected in the 3rd round (#85 overall) I can't find where anyone had him rated that high.  Thus the 'project' label and it goes without saying a reach at #85. Projects are usually relegated to day 3 picks.

I have also stated that if Gaulden turns into a quality starter (not a default starter) then Hurney is going to look like an absolute genius. 

Archived