• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Carolina Panthers Ring of Under Appreciated

Jeremy Igo

Don’t recall tha MIN game, now I want to know....

wish i I could give Chaos more beer/pies.....”our 45 is better than their 45..” is a quote by who? Yeeeeaaahhhhh.....

loved me some Brenton Bersin, DT was always swatting down passes... know he was only here a few years but loved that dude.... coaching in AZ now, or was I know....

DeShaun Foster -- the guy was a heck of an RB and instrumental in 2003 and 2005

Tutan Reyes --  King Tut was sturdy as a guard and had one of the coolest names ever.

Wil Witherspoon -- The team had to choose between keeping Spoon or Morgan, I think we chose wrong. One of the smartest guys to ever wear the Panthers uniform, he was everything you could need in an OLB for a 4-3 defense.

Dan Morgan -- solid tackler, had a nose for the ball, was notoriously rough on fellow teammates, ending the career of one RB before it ever started.

Jordan Carstens -- the definition of country strong, Jordan's career was cut short by kidney problems. He really could have been a great DT had he been given a couple more years.

Brentson Buckner -- Buckner was the guy you didn't want to get caught in a pile-up with. The master of the uncalled holding penalty Buckner made running backs head for the edges just to avoid a cheap shot or a gouge. Nasty player but sometimes you need a villain on defense.

Nic Goings -- The guy who just kept showing up in case he was needed. He always found a way to contribute and was a lunchpail player if there ever was one. Good situational RB who shined out in 2005 when he was needed -- one Seattle concussion away from greatness.

19 minutes ago, Michaelinraleigh said:

Yeah but that run against Philly will always be a top 5 all time play for this Franchise. 

Such a difference between the 2003 and 2015 seasons. I don't think there was a single easy game in 2003, every single one seemed to come down to the wire. The team had a big heart more than incredible talent. In 2015 we often just destroyed opponents, outplaying them most games from the very beginning.

2003 produced a SB appearance for the ages that was hard fought and was almost yet another miracle comeback. 2015 was a group of superstars getting punched in the mouth and never recovering.

Both seasons were great, but that 2003 SB was better, even with the loss.

I'm digging the love for Nick Goings. He was my favorite player on the team in those years. He did whatever he was asked. I'll never forget those 6 straight games where he got over 100 rushing yards in 2004 after Stephen Davis, Deshaun Foster, Rod Smart, and a few other running backs off the street were down and out.

3 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Such a difference between the 2003 and 2015 seasons. I don't think there was a single easy game in 2003, every single one seemed to come down to the wire. The team had a big heart more than incredible talent. In 2015 we often just destroyed opponents, outplaying them most games from the very beginning.

2003 produced a SB appearance for the ages that was hard fought and was almost yet another miracle comeback. 2015 was a group of superstars getting punched in the mouth and never recovering.

Both seasons were great, but that 2003 SB was better, even with the loss.

My biggest butthurt about 2015 is that our SB opponent was clearly the worst we had to face the entire playoff run, and we lost. 2003 it was a magical ride where we just seemed to be over achieving. In 2015, we were the best team in that game. Period. 

That one hurt a lot more, IMO. 

Archived