• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Carolina Panthers Ring of Under Appreciated

Jeremy Igo

Wharton is easily number 1. 

Hoov likely would be my #2 but he was also a fan favorite so it is kinda hard to call him underrated.  Lot of dudes that earned Pro Bowler nods getting some love but I have a hard time thinking of the Beasons and Gambles of the world as underrated by Panther fans at least. 

maybe an Al Wallace would be a good all time underappreciated guy.  We had a fantastic DL during his era and he was kinda an unsung go to work dude that helped really shore it up. 

6 minutes ago, TN05 said:

Michael Bates. The best kick returner in the game when he played here, and one of the best pure talents we've ever had on the team. Some of his highlights are truly insane.

Bates was nasty.

But he was also a Pro Bowler probably every season in uniform.   All depends on what underrated means I guess.  Lot of younger Panther fans definitely don't know him. 

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Yeah, but that lateral in Minnesota though...

True. 

Such a fluky game. A Brad Johnson led Vikings, longwell completes a fake fg pass for a td, Keyshawn was our leading receiver for the game followed by Drew Carter. 

Chris Draft was our leading tackler followed by Shaun Williams. 

Archived