• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Predict the Panthers defensive tackle rotation in 3-4 formation

Jeremy Igo

Just now, SOJA said:

DE-NT-DE

OLB-MLB-MLB-OLB

Are you referring to the two DE?

My prediction is this:

KK-POE-VB

Addison- Luke- Shaq- Irvin/Burns

Its confusing because short is listed as a dt still but I believe he will be in the de spot.

Basically I'm saying love will spell Poe and Cox will spell short. I don't think Butler makes the team anymore.

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Its confusing because short is listed as a dt still but I believe he will be in the de spot.

Basically I'm saying love will spell Poe and Cox will spell short. I don't think Butler makes the team anymore.

probably not which leaves a huge gap at that other DE spot. Alvin Bailey would really help

34 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Wow did I fug this thread up. 

I think the most common line ups will be:

Addison Poe Short

Addison Poe Cox

Addison Love Short 

Cox Poe Short 

I dont think Butler is in the plans.

So how much weight do you think Addison and Cox are gonna put on to play 3-4 DE? In today’s world 3-4 DE are not 315 two gap guys.  But they sure as hell are not  260/270lbs either.  Teams would run all over us. 

Did you dip into Marty’s bottle of scotch while listening to him on the radio this morning?  

Addison at 3-4 DE? 200.gif

He’s barely big enough to play DE in a 4-3. I think our starting 3-4 DEs are Short and Love. I really have no clue who’s going to back them up...I’m hoping we pick up at least 1 or 2 more FAs capable of playing 3-4 DE. Not sold on Cox playing that role, especially since Irvin talked about mentoring him...I don’t think Irvin is suited to teach him how to play 3-4 DE. I know Irvin doesn’t speak for the team, but still...don’t think he will become big enough for 3-4 DE. Even Jeremy called Cox a “speed guy”...3-4 DEs are not speed guys...those are 3-4 OLBs.

For 3-4 DTs, I think it’s Poe, backed up by Butler (assuming we keep him).

For this to really work we need another starting caliber 3-4 DE. Allen Bailey please. There was some speculation on WFNZ yesterday that H2.0 is still going hard after Bailey.  Bailey is still weighing his options between a couple teams.  

Hopefully it looks like this:

Bailey- Poe-Short 

With a rotation of Butler, Love, and either Vateo or Qualls.  

If Cox could get up to 290lbs. He may also be an option. 

Y'all saying Butler is getting cut or not in the plans probably aren't too far off but if he shows up to camp motivated and shows he can at least be a backup he's cheap depth and not worth cutting yet.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Wow did I fug this thread up. 

I think the most common line ups will be:

Addison Poe Short

Addison Poe Cox

Addison Love Short 

Cox Poe Short 

I dont think Butler is in the plans.

Butler not being in the plans is something to look forward too. Holding out hope for this

Archived