• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Roster Projection

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, Rubi said:

Not hating. Just saying he’s average. Which he has been. How many INT does he have 

Well I think he has been above avg. Especially with the new pro offensive rules he has had to play under.. He shut down AJ Green, Mike Evan's, and Kept Julio, and Michael Thomas from going crazy on us.. Not a shut down CB but very solid in a league where that is rare...

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Bradbury gets a lot of shade thrown his way and it is very undeserving. He is much more than a JAG. He's actually a pretty good CB.

Yea it’s nickelback and FS that is very concerning. I have no idea what the plan is there

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Bradbury gets a lot of shade thrown his way and it is very undeserving. He is much more than a JAG. He's actually a pretty good CB.

Yeh the secondary has a lot of question marks 

5 hours ago, stbugs said:

Lol. I’m so confused now because his jersey # is 98 and he was 10 in college. You know Haynes isn’t the QB from WV, right?

I read #98, which would have made him a 3rd rounder. However, that's his jersey # not his draft #. I'm an idiot.

Thanks for this---Since our situation is somewhat unique, I have a thought--why do we have to stick with 25/25/3?  I think we should consider giving the defense more roster spots--since our depth on offense features a few hybrids.

What if we listed 23 offensive players and 27 defensive players?  Would we not get more out of the roster by fielding players who would be in a rotation instead of on the bench?  (Basically, Mahon will never get in the game--Larsen is the top backup G, if Williams starts at LG, Van Roten is next.; We are unlikely to use more than 5 WRs--Godwin to PS.)

OL - 8 roster spots

• OT:  Moton, Little (we did not trade up for a bench warmer), Daley (backs up both sides)
  • OG: Turner, Willams ( LG, can back up RT), Van Roten
  • OC: Paradis, Larsen (backs up C, RG, LG)
  • --Mahon to PS

WR-5 roster spots

• Moore, Samuel, Wright, Hogan, Smith (Godwin to PS if Smith not cut)

QB 3 - Cam Newton , Will Grier, Kyle Allen

RB 3 - Christian McCaffrey, Cameron Artis-Payne, Jordan Scarlett

FB 1 - Alex Armah

TE 3 - Greg Olsen, Ian Thomas, Chris Manhertz

If so, you could add 2 players to the defense Jeremy posted.  I am most concerned with the 3-4 DEs.  Who are they?  Poe and Love are NTs.  KK and Butler?  Anyone else?

On 5/3/2019 at 10:55 PM, MHS831 said:

Thanks for this---Since our situation is somewhat unique, I have a thought--why do we have to stick with 25/25/3?  I think we should consider giving the defense more roster spots--since our depth on offense features a few hybrids.

What if we listed 23 offensive players and 27 defensive players?  Would we not get more out of the roster by fielding players who would be in a rotation instead of on the bench?  (Basically, Mahon will never get in the game--Larsen is the top backup G, if Williams starts at LG, Van Roten is next.; We are unlikely to use more than 5 WRs--Godwin to PS.)

OL - 8 roster spots

• OT:  Moton, Little (we did not trade up for a bench warmer), Daley (backs up both sides)
  • --Mahon to PS

WR-5 roster spots

FB 1 - Alex Armah

If so, you could add 2 players to the defense Jeremy posted.  I am most concerned with the 3-4 DEs.  Who are they?  Poe and Love are NTs.  KK and Butler?  Anyone else?

I really like this idea. We could keep 26/27 defensive players.  With this transition on defense we are going to need a rotation of players on the Edge and interior.  We need another Starting DE in a 3-4.  Plus another depth 3-4 guy like Vaeao or Qualls.  And we wee need to have a decent rotation on the Edge.  Because this is new ground for us we need to have options to make this work. 

On a second note I hope CAP is not our #2 RB.  For the same reasons that you said the the team has no interest Moton at left tackle, they also have no interest giving CAP any meaningful carries.  I want Scarlett to take that role.  We have to find a way to keep CMC fresh and preserve his career.  

Are all of our draft picks from the last 2 years predicted to be on the 53? Godwin seems like he's destined for the practice squad unless he flashes in the preseason. Also think we might stick with 5 wide receivers; either Godwin goes to ps or Smith gets cut without a replacement. And I think if the choice is Haynes or Obada, I'd rather keep Obada (although I suspect they will make room for both). Obada has at least shown something. I think it's too early to give up on Haynes, but with us taking Burns and Miller, seems like we are flush with 3-4 olb types now. Maybe Miller or Haynes starts on the practice squad, depending on who shows more in practice/preseason.

Also think we might go with 8 olinemen (although could see 9 give Williams injury history). Who could we stash in the practice squad other than Daley? If no one, maybe he starts there and gets called up once someone gets injured.

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 10:55 PM, MHS831 said:

OL - 8 roster spots

• --Mahon to PS

WR-5 roster spots

FB 1 - Alex Armah

There is no rule on the split we have to have. 

Personally I wouldn't like going to only 8 spots on the OL.  They are too hard to find and take time to develop so I don't mind keeping extra.

Also why does everyone continue to put Love at NT?

21 hours ago, AU-panther said:

There is no rule on the split we have to have. 

Personally I wouldn't like going to only 8 spots on the OL.  They are too hard to find and take time to develop so I don't mind keeping extra.

Also why does everyone continue to put Love at NT?

Going with 8 OL is kind of scary.  Most teams only dress 7 on gameday but have either 9 or 10 on the roster.  If you put guys on the practice squad any of the other 31 teams can sign that guy.  If you have versatile lineman you don't really need more than 9, which is what Ron and Marty are always talking about versatile linemen.

On 5/3/2019 at 10:55 PM, MHS831 said:

OL - 8 roster spots

• --Mahon to PS

WR-5 roster spots

FB 1 - Alex Armah

Personally I still like the idea of Torrey or what he could be, but at the end of the day, we have Hogan now with the best type of vet experience for receivers and the team really brought in,... so Godwin should be given an honest chance to make the team. Torrey isn’t old and he came on strong before he was seated— so I’m not hateful towards him like many are. He contributed to our wins early on.

actually did anyone notice that once we benched Torrey our season went to poo?

There’s still that mystical lucky rabbits foot thing about him— was with the Ravens, Super Bowl, was with Phili, Super Bowl.

was with the panthers, we were stomping our way to a playoff run,.. gets taken out, we loose the rest of our games,..

thats just too weird to be coincidence.

still, I want to see what Godwin has— if he’s like a Welker or an Edelman.

Archived