• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Roster Projection

Jeremy Igo

Is there good word internally about Haynes?  He wasn't even a factor or anything last year.  Half time off the active, 2 tackles total. 

Factor in Burns, Irvine & Addison in their respective roles, I don't know how we use Haynes and we may prefer our fresh pick in Miller in a similar role.  

Although, considering these flex, athletic, hybrid-EDGE types we have now, maybe we're really trying a full fledged hybrid defense more Chargers or Bears-like (in a way).  I'd love to pursue that type of model; think of a seasoned/revised early 2010s Seahawks; using certain components but with a different base.  Just need to find at least one more good secondary add.    

15 minutes ago, saX man said:

Is there good word internally about Haynes?  He wasn't even a factor or anything last year.  Half time off the active, 2 tackles total. 

Factor in Burns, Irvine & Addison in their respective roles, I don't know how we use Haynes and we may prefer our fresh pick in Miller in a similar role.  

Although, considering these flex, athletic, hybrid-EDGE types we have now, maybe we're really trying a full fledged hybrid defense more Chargers or Bears-like (in a way).  I'd love to pursue that type of model; think of a seasoned/revised early 2010s Seahawks; using certain components but with a different base.  Just need to find at least one more good secondary add.    

I think they’re expecting him to contribute more in a 3-4 (as a stand up pass rusher)

heh 

8 hours ago, Panthers8969 said:

Do we really need 3 rbs with armah and 3 qbs after spending a 3rd on Grier? Agree with others that obada probably makes it

With questions surrounding Cam's shoulder I feel like 3 QBs is a certainty, with one more on the PS. 

On 4/30/2019 at 10:55 AM, carpanfan96 said:

Maybe only carry two QB's or cut Smith and only carry 5 wr.

Both sound very plausible to me. I wonder if Allen will be safe on PS? And $5 million would be nice to have back in the bank.

14 hours ago, saX man said:

Is there good word internally about Haynes?  He wasn't even a factor or anything last year.  Half time off the active, 2 tackles total

I would think that he's still in the plan. A 3rd rounder that now has a year under his belt. I think he has the build/speed for 3-4 OLB. He was pretty good at Ole Miss.

43 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Just an FYI, he was a 4th round pick with a 4th compensatory pick, i.e. almost an early 5th. We took Thomas at the start of the 4th, Haynes at the end of the 4th. He could be useful in the 3-4. He was not at all useful in 4-3. I don’t think he ever would have bulked up enough. 

Thanks for that. I misread his jersey # as his pick #.

Archived