• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Roster Projection

Jeremy Igo

57 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

Kyle Allen wouldn’t make it thru waivers if cut. He played too well last year to cut. Especially for some JAG corner

Speaking of JAG's, why would we carry a 4th RB and cut a LB when we are shifting to a lot more 3-4? All around pretty unlikely suggestions.

4 hours ago, YoungPanthers89 said:

I mean....this is horrendous 

Yeah, it's not good. Assuming Cockrell isn't a JAG, we have a solid top 3. Even if that is the case....Elder and Doss? Woof.

Safety.....wow. After Reid it swiftly goes into JAG/special teamer territory.

3 hours ago, AU-panther said:

I agree, I'm thinking at least 6.

DE- Short / Love / Cox

DT - Poe / Butler

That's only 5.  I think we try to pick up someone else at some point.  Also I expect Butler to play DE some based on down and distance, but they had him at NT some last year.

Why does everyone keep putting Love at NT and Butler at DE in our 3-4?  We ran some 3-4 alignments at the end of last year.  People should look at those to get an idea of who might play where. 

Cause Short and Butler have the same skill set.

I honestly have no clue how we're running the DL in our 3-4. There's gonna be some testing done in the preseason for sure. Probably the first four games before it gets set for good. Have a feeling we're gonna go with some exotic blitzing if we can't generate pressure. 

14 hours ago, AU-panther said:

I agree, I'm thinking at least 6.

DE- Short / Love / Cox

DT - Poe / Butler

That's only 5.  I think we try to pick up someone else at some point.  Also I expect Butler to play DE some based on down and distance, but they had him at NT some last year.

Why does everyone keep putting Love at NT and Butler at DE in our 3-4?  We ran some 3-4 alignments at the end of last year.  People should look at those to get an idea of who might play where. 

Yeah I find it strange when people are speculating on our 3-4 personnel and the question is always “Short will play one DE position, but who in the world is gonna play the other?!”. Meanwhile...

Short: 6’3 315 lbs.

Love: 6’1 315 lbs.

And most people agree that Love was our most effective DT last year.

I admit I didn’t pay attention to our 3-4 alignments last year, but strictly off of measurables and ability, Love seems to be a good fit at 3-4 DE.

On 4/30/2019 at 8:55 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

DT - KK Short, Kyle Love, Dontari Poe, Vernon Butler

Edge - Brian Burns, Marquis Haynes, Mario Addison, Christian Miller, Bryan Cox Jr, Bruce Irvin

I don’t see near enough DTs for 3-4 DL depth.  If Love is depth at the 0-Tech behind Poe, then who is depth behind KK/Butler at 3-4 DE? Also Love? If so, and either KK or Butler gets hurt (and Butler gets hurt A LOT) and Love has to slot into one of those spots, then who backs up Poe?

Not a single one of the Edge players you list has the size to play with his hand on the ground in a 3-4. 

If this team intends on showing a lot of 3-4 looks, then we need at minimum FIVE 300+ pound DL for those three 3-4 NT/DE positions and probably six.

Seriously, you can’t put 250-270 pound Edge players lined up with their hand on the ground playing 3, 4i, or 4-Tech. You just can’t.

3 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

I don’t see near enough DTs for 3-4 DL depth.  If Love is depth at the 0-Tech behind Poe, then who is depth behind KK/Butler at 3-4 DE? Also Love? If so, and either KK or Butler gets hurt (and Butler gets hurt A LOT) and Love has to slot into one of those spots, then who backs up Poe?

Not a single one of the Edge players you list has the size to play with his hand on the ground in a 3-4. 

If this team intends on showing a lot of 3-4 looks, then we need at minimum FIVE 300+ pound DL for those three 3-4 NT/DE positions and probably six.

Seriously, you can’t put 250-270 pound Edge players lined up with their hand on the ground playing 3, 4i, or 4-Tech. You just can’t.

Why again is everyone convinced Love is going to be behind Poe and Butler is at DE?

Last year they played Love at DE and Butler at both DE and NT.

Archived