• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Roster Projection

Jeremy Igo

Here is how I see the roster shaking out at present. 

OFFENSE (25)

QB - Cam Newton , Will Grier, Kyle Allen

RB - Christian McCaffrey, Cameron Artis-Payne, Jordan Scarlett

FB - Alex Armah

TE - Greg Olsen, Ian Thomas, Chris Manhertz

WR - DJ Moore, Curtis Samuel, Torrey Smith, Jarius Wright, Chris Hogan, Terry Godwin

OL - Daryl Williams, Taylor Moton, Matt Paradis, Trai Turner, Greg Little, Tyler Larsen, Greg Van Roten, Brendan Mahon, Dennis Daly

Defense (25)

DT - KK Short, Kyle Love, Dontari Poe, Vernon Butler

Edge - Brian Burns, Marquis Haynes, Mario Addison, Christian Miller, Bryan Cox Jr, Bruce Irvin

LB - Luke Kuechly, Shaq Thompson, Jermaine Carter, Andre Smith, Jared Norris

CB - James Bradberry, Ross Cockrell, Donte Jackson, Corn Elder, Lorenzo Doss

S - Eric Reid, Da'Norris Searcy, Rashaan Gaulden, Colin Jones, Free Agent Safety

Special Teams (3)

K - Graham Gano

P - Michael Paladry

LS - JJ Jansen

Thoughts?

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Are you using a 3-4 alignment for your defensive projections?

Pretty much. Although with Addison and Burns they could certainly play a 4-3 or hybrid from time to time. I do believe the 3-4 will be their most common look. Even the Panthers roster on their webpage alludes to that with the "OLB/DE" designation for the first time. 

4 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Defense (25)

DT - KK Short, Kyle Love, Dontari Poe, Vernon Butler

Edge - Brian Burns, Marquis Haynes, Mario Addison, Christian Miller, Brian Burns, Bruce Irvin

Did you intend another name or do you have an extra roster spot now?

I’ve gotta believe Obada is in their plans...maybe instead of Torrey Smith? Hopefully? Or Godwin starting off on the Practice Squad. Obada is one of our few prototypical 4-3 DEs, so if he’s gone, then our D seems like it’s transitioning completely into a base 3-4 instead of a hybrid.

I also think the Panthers are high on Seymour at CB, so I’d predict him to make the roster over Doss who we’ve kept on the Practice Squad for extended periods of time and outright cut at least once.

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I think Cox beats him out. With the Burns and Miller additions they don't need another speed guy

Fair enough. Just sucking the air out of that storyline seems ill timed. Not saying that the storyline is more important than the actual play on the field...but, from a business perspective, him being on the field that day against TB could mean quite a bit in revenue and then maybe someone gets activated from temp IR? I'm just saying, it's not super farfetched.

But yes, I'd like the best talent on the field each and every game.

Archived